Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 vride

Applegate88

I have a 2006 Malibu vride which has the factory MLS tanks but I have decided to replace with 800 lbs rear and add another 500 lbs in the front to help with surf wave. I purchased the ronix 8.3 rears and ronix 8.3 u shape in the front. Has anyone else did this and have any tips for me? Also I'm looking at the ronix wakeshaper or mission boatgear any suggestions? Thanks in advance.. 

I think your on the right track for sure.  Your hull is the same as a 99-04 VLX

This thread might help you.

Edited by CFH

That's my set up on my 04 wakesetter with wicked wake. we also add another 400 on the floor if the crew is light. Makes a great wake for wakeboarding and surfing. 

I've got an '06 Vride.  Pulled the hard tanks, put in 750's in rear.  Usually run surf side rear full, midship(500 full), 500 up front usually try to get that on surf side as well.  Sometimes we use the wedge, sometimes we don't.  Wedge seems to make the surf wake really steep and not what I feel is as much push.  Usually only use the wedge when we are light on crew.  Typical speed runs from 10.2 - 10.6.  Currently crafting my own version of wicked wake which I will tinker with this summer.   Keep in mind in case you aren't familiar, usually the more weight you add up front the longer your pocket will be. 

Edited by NCVride