Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wet sounds almost complete...

ConnollyCrew

2 hours ago, jonyb said:

Looks great jarrod!

Thanks John! Finally figured out the amp issue. 7 of 8 tweeters were smoked! Ha! All new inboats and she screams!!! Thanks John! 

46 minutes ago, jonyb said:

If theyre 650's, you can replace the tweeter/grill for about $50 each instead of buying a whole new speaker.

Too late... Wetsounds is going to fix the other two pairs for me. Probably keep as backups in case I smoke these tweeters too. The SD may do it again....#loudboats

My dealer helped me out with pricing as my boat was his last season. He ran the same amps so a backup pair is in orders.

can the tweeters on the 808's be done the same way with tweeter repair?

Edited by ConnollyCrew

mniba1,

No two speakers sound alike, although they may sound similar. Running on plane, minor difference will be less noticeable. One distinct difference between the OEM Rocford m262 and m282 and the Wet Sounds 650 and 808 in-boats, is power handling. The wet Sounds 650 and 808 will handle more wattage, however, real world tuning would likely not yield a seat of the pants difference in volume in the open environment of a boat. 

The OEM in-boats are really a decent speaker when powered right. The both up with 100+ watts to them. The sound quality difference between 8 on the p400.4 and more wattage is night and day.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:38 PM, ConnollyCrew said:

Too late... Wetsounds is going to fix the other two pairs for me. Probably keep as backups in case I smoke these tweeters too. The SD may do it again....#loudboats

My dealer helped me out with pricing as my boat was his last season. He ran the same amps so a backup pair is in orders.

can the tweeters on the 808's be done the same way with tweeter repair?

Actually, it's a lot easier with the 808s as all you have to do is unplug the tweeter and snap it out.  The SD6 is a lot of power for 1 pair of 650's or 808's. 

8 hours ago, jonyb said:

Actually, it's a lot easier with the 808s as all you have to do is unplug the tweeter and snap it out.  The SD6 is a lot of power for 1 pair of 650's or 808's. 

I will def order new tweeters for the 808's. 

The SD6 is running all 4 pair of in boat speakers and the the WS sub n the last two channels. It sounds fantastic in a ported box with the SD6 and SD2 powering two pair rev8's.

Edited by ConnollyCrew

Nice setup, and you still have room for another pair of Rev8's.

Just remember to keep the treble on the head unit, and "high" on the 420 flat.  No boost necessary.  That's what kills tweeters.

• Like 1

That's a good idea for loooooong play times.

It kills me though when people try to say they didn't do anything to make that tweeter quit.

On May 4, 2016 at 0:34 AM, jonyb said:

Just remember to keep the treble on the head unit, and "high" on the 420 flat.  No boost necessary.  That's what kills tweeters.

John - had trouble following this suggestion and feel like I need to make a change as my highs feel too high.  Are you saying at neutral position on the 420 (12 o'clock) and then where on the head unit?

Edited by NCSurfing
On May 4, 2016 at 11:34 PM, jonyb said:

All I do is adjust volume to ea zone. Oh, I also keep the main volume turnt up!? 

Thanks again for all the good input guys!

Edited by ConnollyCrew