Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Crazy Electrical Issue.

Just now, minnmarker said:

Looks like a good service.  Makes sense.  What else runs through the board that you cannot live without?  Perhaps bypass the board for the stereo for the 2 weeks they take to fix it. 

Or do like you said and sell the fixed board to someone else on TMC having the same problem.  Repeat.  Repeat.  That's happening on my BMW forum with a VANOS (variable valve timing) solenoid pack.

Unfortunately, everything runs through the board so I can't run the boat without it but I'm in line with your thinking. Either holding on to the old repaired board as backup,  or selling it to someone with the same issue.  Can't believe there's not a established market for repaired boards yet, but maybe that's a good sign they don't go out often.

On 6/16/2016 at 2:59 PM, WesselVessel said:

Finally got the diagnosis from my Malibu dealer.  Not the MUX controller, but the circuit board behind the fuse panel (assuming that board contains a relay switch).  Out of warranty cost and an hour of shop time it's about $1k to fix.  Thinking of having them give me back the old board and sending it to this place for repair as a backup. http://www.acsindustrial.com/printed-circuit-board-repair.php?gclid=Cj0KEQjwnIm7BRDSs42KxLS8-6YBEiQAfDWP6Cz8lYzX5EhAK2T6mp09GPx6I0Tw5GMrWkfvTMRy4HkaAs-n8P8HAQ

After talking to several dealers and Bakes thats what I thought my problem was too, that slot on the main power board for the heater just went bad.  If you didn't want to spend $1,000 at the dealer you could just install a $10 toggle switch on the orange wire under the dash to operate the heater and then send the board out to be repaired in the winter...

• Like 2