Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Amp opinions needed for rev 10's and sub

BrianC

I bought a vlx with the 8 speaker interior package.

I bought a pair of rev 10s and a Arc Audio 12.

looking for recommendations for an amp.

looks like jl and wet sounds are popular.

i don't want to add a third battery, just looking for something efficient and reliable 

thanks 

A third battery will have more to do with how long you want play at anchor and less to do with the amps, though current draw does play a part. 

Two (2) Syn-DX4 and HTX-1

If you want to keep the same chassis then a HTX4 and a HTX6 on the lower power side or  SynDX4 and a SynDX6 for a bit more power will work also. Arc's 12" run either 250 watts or 350 watts RMS. You will want the D2 version if you run a 2 channel amplifier. Either set up will power the 8 Inboats good, for the revs the HTX4 will give you 300 watts a speaker or the SynDX4 will deliver 400 watts a speaker. 

No fans are needed as these have massive heat sinks. 

Edited by Truekaotik

I'd go with the following and save yourself $1200.... but hey, that's just me. 

2 of these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38338_Precision-Power-PPI-P900.4.html

1 of these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38336_Precision-Power-PPI-P600.2.html

I've been running these amps for going on 4 seasons now without a hitch.  They've even got wet during a crazy rain storm and keep on chugging.   My buddy is running 3 of the 600.2 amps in his boat without any issues too.  I have one 900.4 bridged to my revs and a 600.2 bridged to my sub.  I installed one 900.4 on my SxS powering a 10" sub and 4 6.5's....  It had an issue but PPI sent me a new one free of charge.  I honestly think it got wet and took a beating in my glove box... who knows.  The new one worked like a charm. 

Other than the name, there is nothing in common between the old and new Precision Power. The original PPI ownership and design staff went from PPI to create the Xtant amplifier line and then to JL Audio to create their amplifiers, where they still reside today. Today, PPI is an importing marketing brand only that is owned by an auto alarm company and has no engineering role. There is value with the present PPI amplifiers having high power at a very low cost. But just not with the sophistication of the better amplifiers.    

• Like 2
4 hours ago, BrianC said:

Thanks Mike

Back in the day I ran PPI "art series"

I will look into it.

I still run PPI Art Series in my boat.... old skool and they rock.  Great amps.

Edited by solorex