Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat wipe down product that is economical and effective - Driven to Performance

I am switching back to Driven products this season from Boat Candy Speed Gloss.  I used Driven a few years back with excellent results.  The Boat Candy Speed Gloss is $49/gallon, and they are not offering any discounts on it.  The Driven boat wipedown concentrate works great and can be purchased for about $18/gallon with shipping and tax.  One bottle makes 1 gallon of product.  I am using a lot of this stuff between the boat, cars and even at work I use it occasionally.  So check out Driven products if you want a cheaper alternative for a quality wipe down product over Boat Candy or Hot Sauce.

The 4 pack is best value, $59 for 4 bottles mix and match.

http://www.driventoperfection.com/products/specials/driven-4-pack-special-any-combination-of-4-bottles

Edited by Fman
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Fman said:

It actually has a good smell to it, not green apples like Boat Candy!

Here is the wipedown product:

http://www.driventoperfection.com/products/marine/driven-quick-spray-concentrate

Or like a stripper like Babes?

I hate coming home after SkySkiing & being accused of something I haven't done.    :Doh:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

Or like a stripper like Babes?

I hate coming home after SkySkiing & being accused of something I haven't done.    :Doh:

Their spot solver just smells like purple vinegar water - which I assume is all it is.  Love the color it leaves on my micro fiber towels ;)

I've been doing a mix of 50% distilled water / 25% white vinegar / 25% Eagle One Quick Wax for years now.  It's super cheap and works great. 

So for those of you that are actually dropping some coin on stuff like this vs. rolling your own... explain to me why it's worth the extra money.

Mike

• Like 2

I always thought white vinegar  would strip the wax.

I have been using turtle wax wax as you dry for several years with great results.   I usually dilute the bottle with about one third distilled water.   I have no problems with water spots and the product smells great. 

4 minutes ago, coldwater-echelon said:

I always thought white vinegar  would strip the wax.

It does

Just now, Josh4mc said:

I've been using Turtle Wax's Wax n Dry for a few years. Pull boat, spray with water, spray wax and wipe down. No water spots even on the black gelcoat for $4 a bottle.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-9-1-Step-Dry/dp/B0007TV6M0

Probably pretty close to the stuff I pay $10 a bottle for.  I just like the eagle one because it actually has carnauba wax in it

https://www.eagleone.com/boat-wax-as-u-dry

My family has owned a LOT of boats and we have always used white vinegar mix with water when on lakes for extended vacations or high lime buildup.  It works great.  We hand wax the boat/trailer at the start of the season and periodically use Babe's just to shine it up 2-3 times a summer.  My last boat was 11 years old and still looked brand new when we sold it.  I know others have luck with other products so not trying to sway, just posting what has always worked for us.

25 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

It does

Probably pretty close to the stuff I pay $10 a bottle for.  I just like the eagle one because it actually has carnauba wax in it

https://www.eagleone.com/boat-wax-as-u-dry

They seem very similar. Save 6 bucks with the Turtle. 

"Formulated with a blend of carnauba wax and protective polymers for maximum shine and protection"

6 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

PBC20 should get you 20% off any boat candy products. I picked up speed gloss for half off on black Friday. I tried the driven polish and wasn't that impressed. 

Have never used the Polish, are you referring to the Boat wipe concentrate?  I had good results with the boat concentrate and this was with a black and tan boat, family member is still using the wipe down from driven.  I switched to speed gloss just to try something new, and it worked well too.  To each is own, paying $49/gallon is ridiculous, even 20% off is way over priced imho especially when I am using 4+ gallons a year between all my vehicles.  Honestly I emailed boat candy and there response was they have it discounted on the website from $59 to $49/gallon.... what a deal! time to move on to something else.

I might give that Turtle spray wax a try, sounds like it has also had good results.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Josh4mc said:

I've been using Turtle Wax's Wax n Dry for a few years. Pull boat, spray with water, spray wax and wipe down. No water spots even on the black gelcoat for $4 a bottle.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-9-1-Step-Dry/dp/B0007TV6M0

Josh, you might have me trying something new... $4 a bottle is very reasonable, especially seeing as you ride in the Delta, the crappiest, dirtiest, nasty water in California... if it can clean dirty delta water spots must be legit! :)  have you tried it in direct sunlight on a hot day?  any issues?

Edited by Fman
6 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I recommend this stuff so much I should be sponsored by these guys: http://www.pacificprodux.com/ZipMistWipeSpecialOffer-idv-214-15.html

(25 a gallon to your door when you buy 2 gallons)

Shawn, I know pyramid has some crazy alkalinity.  Assuming this does the job?  Same results as hot sauce, just more reasonably priced?

Just now, Fman said:

Shawn, I know pyramid has some crazy alkalinity.  Assuming this does the job?  Same results as hot sauce, just more reasonably priced?

zactly.  

14 minutes ago, Fman said:

especially seeing as you ride in the Delta, the crappiest, dirtiest, nasty water in California... 

hey now .... Im sure you meant smoothie-butter-glass water in california

2 hours ago, Fman said:

Josh, you might have me trying something new... $4 a bottle is very reasonable, especially seeing as you ride in the Delta, the crappiest, dirtiest, nasty water in California... if it can clean dirty delta water spots must be legit! :)  have you tried it in direct sunlight on a hot day?  any issues?

Wet her down first and you are good to go.

2 hours ago, Stevo said:

hey now .... Im sure you meant smoothie-butter-glass water in california

Why bring water on the boat when you have this to drink? New health craze..

image_zpsg7skqnsq.jpeg

On 4/1/2016 at 3:26 PM, shawndoggy said:

I recommend this stuff so much I should be sponsored by these guys: http://www.pacificprodux.com/ZipMistWipeSpecialOffer-idv-214-15.html

(25 a gallon to your door when you buy 2 gallons)

SD recommended this stuff to me and I love it. The 2 gallons arrived 4 days after I ordered them (didn't pay for expedited shipping). It cuts right through the "water line goo" and leaves a really shiny finish. I've had 2 friends place orders for it after helping me wipe my boat down with it.

I have to say the smell isn't my favorite though. It sprays on smelling pretty sweet, like a blue ICEE, but that smell quickly turns pretty vinegary as your wiping it down with just a hint of Blue ICEE mixed in.