Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

99 sportster lx price/motor?

Arick

The seller says it has a 460hp monsoon motor, however I couldn't find the brochures that used to be on TMC to verify.  Did the 99's come with such a motor and does that motor pump up the price quite a bit?  I was thinking something like this would be worth 13-15k.  The boat is spotless and unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share..  What do you guys think.  

• 99 sportster lx
  • 460hp motor???
  • Fly high
  • After market stereo
  • Cover
  • Led Lights
  • No tower

28 minutes ago, footndale said:

This was the engine manual for that year, https://www.bakesonline.com/images/MediaLibrary/IndmarManual_94-02.pdf

Is it the corvette LS1 engine?

Looks like prices are all over the place from 7k to 18k.   Considering a standard Sportster was 21k that year, I would think closer to 10k would be more reasonable.

Not sure if its the corvette engine.  Only thing guy said was 460hp.  I was trying to find brochures so I knew more about what to ask.  I appreciate the feedback footndale!

On 3/29/2016 at 9:02 AM, footndale said:

This was the engine manual for that year, https://www.bakesonline.com/images/MediaLibrary/IndmarManual_94-02.pdf

Is it the corvette LS1 engine?

Looks like prices are all over the place from 7k to 18k.   Considering a standard Sportster was 21k that year, I would think closer to 10k would be more reasonable.

The higher new boat prices are driving the used market up. I sold a 95 Echelon with the 350 EFI for 12k a few years back. It had 1500+ hours and was in fair shape. I think 13-15 is right if the hours are lower.

27 minutes ago, footndale said:

Dang, I can't believe people want almost new prices on these.

But remember, just because he's asking 17k doesn't mean he will get 17.  Or 16.  Or 15!

2 hours ago, Arick said:

All, Thanks for the feedback.  Hes asking 17k.  I've moved on

I would ping him with your offer and contact info. You never know what happens with time. I have had this work out a couple of times before:

I usually just say "I can't do your asking price, all I can to spend is XXX. Ring me at 867-5309 if that number makes sense down the line" I always leave the impression that the amount is all I am ABLE to pay, not WILLING to pay. Drive your oldest car and wear your yard work boots, ripped jeans and stained hoodie when you go to look. Leave any nice watches or diamond rings at home. Bring cute young kids if you can.

• Like 2