Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

XBC Surfboards best surfer period!

Stanley Wheelhouse

Hi All,

My name is Geoff. I've been riding with Rhino for a while now, and I have to support his commentary regarding the XBC boards. They are definetly the most fun and forgiving of any other boards we've tried....

Ken: Thanks for the advice on the surf wake buddy... Good stuff!

Geoff

Todd and all y'all

I like the thicker boards too.

Well I did til i met the phase 5 lineup.

But I'm still keeping a look out for a good ocean style board.

I have a set of forks for my racks that fit the fattys.

Also have a set of kneeboard forks that will work as lond as the fattys not too wide.

Just what I need - another set of board racks Crazy.gif

Only have room for 8 boards in the racks right now

Todd and all y'all

I like the thicker boards too.

Well I did til i met the phase 5 lineup.

But I'm still keeping a look out for a good ocean style board.

I have a set of forks for my racks that fit the fattys.

Also have a set of kneeboard forks that will work as lond as the fattys not too wide.

Just what I need - another set of board racks Crazy.gif

Only have room for 8 boards in the racks right now

Brad these boards are not as thick as an ocean board. the are a little more thick than the coex.

i feel your pain on the rack situation!

I've been surfing a Rip Curl 6'8" since Feb this year here in Austin. I've tried a lot of the typical (wakeboard company made) surfers out there, but in terms of forgiveness and ability to stay on the wake - a surf style board is definitely where it is at(especially at my weight)... The Rip Curl seems a bit long (being over 6ft), but it is a great board to surf at 10mph on the cruise. You can carve to your hearts content, and do long floaters on the lip and so forth...

We just bought an Inland Surfer Yellow Loogy (they had a blow out special going for $250) - tried it for the first time tonight. I found that it was hard to stay in the wake at 10mph, but had the wife notch it down to 9.8 on the cruise and could go forever. Yes, the slight adjustment made a big difference. Anyway, more of a skim style board, but the best skim I've tried. Could almost 360 and got off a little ollie, but I think I just need to loose some of my 200lbs.

I've also been checking out the XBC boards site for some time, so thanks for the feedback on your experience... next board will definitely be one from there or maybe Walker Project - the ones that are actually shaped more like mini surfboards with foam and resin. What about Shred Stixx?... the boards also look good, but I hate the logo (stupid reason, i know)

Edited by smedman

other quick thought on the racks - i just ordered a set from a new company called dbot5 www.dbot5.com

they have a add on attachment that looks as if it would fit the true surf style boards called the "strap on" - no it's not that kind... anyway just ordered some from buywake using the coupon code posted on the deals section and will let ya'll know how it works with the rip curl board

I've been surfing a Rip Curl 6'8" since Feb this year here in Austin. I've tried a lot of the typical (wakeboard company made) surfers out there, but in terms of forgiveness and ability to stay on the wake - a surf style board is definitely where it is at(especially at my weight)... The Rip Curl seems a bit long (being over 6ft), but it is a great board to surf at 10mph on the cruise. You can carve to your hearts content, and do long floaters on the lip and so forth...

We just bought an Inland Surfer Yellow Loogy (they had a blow out special going for $250) - tried it for the first time tonight. I found that it was hard to stay in the wake at 10mph, but had the wife notch it down to 9.8 on the cruise and could go forever. Yes, the slight adjustment made a big difference. Anyway, more of a skim style board, but the best skim I've tried. Could almost 360 and got off a little ollie, but I think I just need to loose some of my 200lbs.

I've also been checking out the XBC boards site for some time, so thanks for the feedback on your experience... next board will definitely be one from there or maybe Walker Project - the ones that are actually shaped more like mini surfboards with foam and resin. What about Shred Stixx?... the boards also look good, but I hate the logo (stupid reason, i know)

the xbc boards are more a cross between the skim skates and the ocean surfers. the fish 5'7 is a great board. the grom 4'9 is harder to ride my cruises effortlessly. the 4'9 is better for tricks

Here's what my racks look like - empty

100_0210.sized.jpg

brad

nice racks and hot cicks. you must be drinking some pimp juice!!!!

the new swivel racks are bulls***. i have the infamous place where we by or malibu boats in houston getting me the old style non swivel kind. i can add two more racks under the stock ones for surfboards. i am in search of a rack that will fit my surf boards. no luck yet!