Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

XBC Surfboards best surfer period!

Stanley Wheelhouse

recently bought two surf boards from gary at XBC. www.xtremeboardcompany.com.

i bought the 4'9 grom and the 5'7 fish.

just so you know i also own a phase five, all of the hyperlite boards and a liquid force brigade.

no board even comes close to touching the xbc boards. the grom board his so amazing that you can come back to the back of the boat where the wake has washed out on the wave. the board is amazing for surface and air tricks. i highly reccomend this one for the shredders although crusing on it it very easy.

the fish 5'7 is also a great board for cruising and carving. it is capable of doing 360's and more. it produces an effortless ride due to great design.

i surf conroe and trinity. if anyone reading this post wants to ride one in the houston or austin area let me know. i will be glad to demo one for you!

ryan wheless

Edited link,

Ronnie

The site says the Grom is 4'5", you wrote 4'9". Did you get a custom board?

What are the boards made of, traditional surfboard foam and resin?

What did you pay?

You ever ride with them Ken?

Ryan you in the Green 06 LSV the other weekend at the Island on Conroe?

The site says the Grom is 4'5", you wrote 4'9". Did you get a custom board?

What are the boards made of, traditional surfboard foam and resin?

What did you pay?

the website needs to be updated. they have come out with new models. the grom 4'9 board is the one i have. the boards are more like ocean type foam boards with resin coating. thashiznit! 495 per board is what i paid!

Edited by Rhino
How thick are they, as in, will they fit into the average wakeboard rack ?

they will not fit in any board rack. however, i put a wakeboard with bindings facing upward on the top rack of either side. i then nestle the surfboard between the bindings for padding and the tower. i then bungee with the stock rack bungies, the board to the rack. the bindings keep the board cushioned when the boat is underway. i have done this for a while with no damage.

So you work for XBC eh?

no i have no affiliation what so ever with XBC other than i love thier boards. furthermore, gary at XBC provided me with excellent service and a great product. i feel that deserves some buzz on this website. plus i know once my fellow surfers ride one of these it will change the way they surf forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go forth and be!

You ever ride with them Ken?

Ryan you in the Green 06 LSV the other weekend at the Island on Conroe?

ken,

yes, i am the guy in the green boat. i took your advice on the fat sack in the locker and added another 750 on the left side seat. the wave is incredible, crisp, and tubes out at the back of the wave! you have to check out the boards i am talking about. i will be at travis this weekend and conroe next weekend if you want to try one out! see on the water. 7139226064 is my phone number. call me and lets surf!!!

I read that by the lake names, sure sounded like a sales pitch though.

maybe because i make a living selling ice cubes to eskimos?!!!

seriously, i just love the endless smile on my wifes face while riding the fish 5'7! share the joy, share the wealth, and share the love!

Yep ryan

I know of maybe 1 or 2 ....

or 10 that wakesurf in Houston area

brad,

my name is ryan wheless i live and houston and surf every weekend! nice to meet you! now you know one more surfer in Houston!

And I have THE green WS LSV

brad saw your boat. nice! you have more green than i do. i wish i had more. i will have to wait until i get the 07 24'7. much more green will be on that boat.

that is a cool picture of a grumman widgeon (the sea plane in your gallery) i have flight time in one!

Ok, so now I am curious. I don't like the idea that they don't fit in the racks, but I am surely willing to smash them between boards if they are worth it. I'd have to rig up someting to be sure they were tight and safe in there. I apologize for the accusation of spam. Terms like this are usually indicators:

no board even comes close to touching the xbc boards.
the board is amazing for surface and air tricks.
it produces an effortless ride due to great design.

For the crew's entertainment, please post some pics/video of the air tricks and surface tricks.

Ok, so now I am curious. I don't like the idea that they don't fit in the racks, but I am surely willing to smash them between boards if they are worth it. I'd have to rig up someting to be sure they were tight and safe in there. I apologize for the accusation of spam. Terms like this are usually indicators:
no board even comes close to touching the xbc boards.
the board is amazing for surface and air tricks.
it produces an effortless ride due to great design.

For the crew's entertainment, please post some pics/video of the air tricks and surface tricks.

again, grab a wake board. throw it in your top rack with the bindings facing the sky. now lay your xbc board between the tower and the wakeboard bindings. the bindings help cushion shock while under way and stock bungees hold the boards in place. it works quite well and i have had no damage. no offense taken on the spam!

i will upload some photos when i throttle back from selling ice cubes to the eskimos!

Come on Ryan. Set these boys straight. Give us some video / pics to chew on.

you can see a few videos on the xbc site xtremeboardingcomapny.com. i will upload some personal footage and pix later in the week.