Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 A20 - First day surf video - Summer is Here Season 2

mnwakerider

On April 28, 2016 at 5:38 PM, mnwakerider said:

@gtoddh Fly High 750s in the rear, I believe the front is the Fly high Integrated Bow Sac. 

Thanks for the info!  I'm still waiting on my dealer to get their bags in stock but I think that's pretty much the same setup they suggested.  I'm guessing your bow bag doesn't fill all the way?  There doesn't appear to be a lot of room in the bow under the fiberglass.  

6 hours ago, gtoddh said:

Thanks for the info!  I'm still waiting on my dealer to get their bags in stock but I think that's pretty much the same setup they suggested.  I'm guessing your bow bag doesn't fill all the way?  There doesn't appear to be a lot of room in the bow under the fiberglass.  

Yea, bow doesnt fill completely, but does get pretty close. I top it off a couple times throughout the time we ride as it tends to drain slightly through the overlfow/vent. 

Here is another little edit with the latest. My buddy with the drone is getting pretty damn good at flying. 

No lead up front yet. I did ride yesterday with two 400# fat sacs in the bow to see how that impacted the wake. With only a driver I was surprisingly underwhelmed... Used the wedge, stock ballast and 750s in (3/4 full due to wall constraints), and the wake was good, but not great. Rode goofy without the wedge and the wake was long, but lost some of its push. With the wedge it was good, but again, not great. 

Definitely not worth the extra effort and loss of space due to the bow bags. Will try it again some time when we have more people in the boat and report back more. 

Here are two examples of the wake difference with the extra bow weight. First one is standard PnP kit with 3 people in the boat. 

13179381_1101955789843374_62910456451170

Second one here is with the extra bow weight and only a driver. All PnP is full and wedge is down. Sorry for the crappy phone pic into the sun...

13177586_1101956599843293_93953700252033

• Like 1

I know this is a silly question but when you said the goofy side was not impressive it made me think about burping my bags that added 6 to 9 inches to my goofy side, my rear sumos 750s seem constricted on sides but I really pull the empty bag slack and wrinkles under neath  the bag up the walls on sides and in rear before filling and during filling.  I also custom cut the length of pnp hoses to get bottom of bag to lay more flat between drain connector and forward vent connector( same for rear end of bow sack drain hose and the same lay flat routine)so my rears are only limited in my 2014 where the bag slightly extends towards/under rear seat area towards pnp floor box for vent drain and the slight push down of the shortened fill hose that I custom cut as well to the position of the forward most fill hole(of the 2 on the sumos)so with that in mind my burping actually almost fills the 750, wakemakers said it wouldn't but I feel like I come close, and same for the 950(where I definitely get less fill cause of bow floor/ceiling to bag- so my burping is very important here as well)so  maybe you only needed one extra 400 up front and a better fill in the 3 sacs. From what I can tell you are more experienced than me at these boats and surfing but I did with much help to a confused new owner over phone from wakemakers install my sacs and cut the hoses to fit the bags to allow for best fit and filling, also the front sac will constantly try to passive empty plus any leaks on connections and needs to be refilled constantly for wave quality, we had a great time this weekend and it was pretty good. Put wedge up to go to dock to retrieve left on grass axis cooler(now stolen), and wife went with no wedge by mistake and she said same that it had less push and less clean but size was close from full ballast 

Also when I get my bags full, I center the extra people in front seats, or if they all want to hang out in backon back seat and deck I would need to empty sacs some or maybe lift wedge or make some adjustment because when they were back there the wave did not form

i need to take empty and full pictures for you, if I forget(old) remind me

you have to come down, 78 degree water and 80 degree plus air, got free place to stay, and  a killer g23 crew that would love to put 14 people in the boat and we can have a redonkulous wave as well as the row boat to the g my axis 

this is our goofy wake , wife doesn't get real close to boat

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1