Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 A20 - First day surf video - Summer is Here Season 2

mnwakerider

@powderski14owderski14 we are running all stock ballast (rear tanks and center) with 750s in the rear and a bow sac up front. Pleasantly surprised with fill time and total performance. I came from a Jabsco Ballast pupzy system, before, while the number of pumps has significantly increased, the fill and drain time seems to have decreased.

@That Guy - We run mainly Ronix wake surfers. I rode the Blender (blue board). Its new this year and I was really surprised at the speed and response of the board. Highly recommend from a first pass in the fridge cole. I am 220 (with winter insulation :)) and am pretty confident this will be my main surfer style baord for the year. My wife and the guy with no wet suit ride the Ronix Surf Skimmer with the thruster fin setup. We ride this with just the outside fins. I road that a ton last year and in some comps. Was my favorite in the line last year for sure. Lastly we have a Drew Carbon (non-diamond tail) from Phase5. Had it since 2011 and its just a good all around skimmer. 

Very nice! Berring Sea Gold surf days always ones to remember! Nice Jackson Hole hat as well if you should ever visit summer here bring it and the wetsuits Jackson Lake never warms up but the views and wildlife are epic. Props MNWAKERIDER! a little jealousy too! Cheers!:rockon:

Nice! I'm heading down to Rogers MN on the 15th to pick up my new boat. I'm hoping the water warms up alittle for the water/wake test. I'll for sure be bringing a wetsuit now!

@nohlan4 you will want a wet suit for sure! Took a set two days ago and water temp was still 44. Hoping this rain helps, but a cold snap this weekend isnt doing us any favors. 

Awesome edit, good on you guys for getting out there in the cold!  

Just looked into that Ronix Blender, very cool board.

Edited by saxton15
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2016 at 11:08 PM, mnwakerider said:

@powderski14owderski14 we are running all stock ballast (rear tanks and center) with 750s in the rear and a bow sac up front. Pleasantly surprised with fill time and total performance. I came from a Jabsco Ballast pupzy system, before, while the number of pumps has significantly increased, the fill and drain time seems to have decreased.

How many hours did you put on your new A20 before you loaded it with all that ballast?  I have a new A20 also and have about 8 hours on it so far.  I'm trying to break the boat in properly but I'm also itching to surf.  I am plumbed for PNP but haven't gotten the bags yet.  My dealer is supposed to have them in any day now.

Edited by gtoddh
19 minutes ago, gtoddh said:

How many hours did you put on your new A20 before you loaded it with all that ballast?  I have a new A20 also and have about 8 hours on it so far.  I'm trying to break the boat in properly but I'm also itching to surf.  I am plumbed for PNP but haven't gotten the bags yet.  My dealer is supposed to have them in any day now.

We just broke our A24 in.  It is ProMarine right now.  We ran 5 hours no ballast.  Then Wakeboarded and Surfed with just the wedge and in-boat ballast for the next 15.  When we get it back our PnP will be plumbed and it will be go time.

Todd is a MalibuCrew member now! YES!

break-in? pfft I didn't bother. I demo'd it before purchasing, with full ballast. Didn't want to purchase before seeing what it was capable of. That's ancient advice and no dealer does break-in on demo or in-stock boats. It's a precaution AT BEST.

Edited by boardjnky4

I honestly dont know how people do a 20 hour break in.... We did a 20 min break in where we putted around the lake while we put wet suits on and filled all ballast... Working at an inboard dealer for 4+ years lead me to believe there is little help with a break-in period. my 0.02

• Like 2

Impressive!  We have our boat on the lift, I put my feet in the water last week and it was 51 degrees, and it was painful!  I decided I'm going to wait another week to break out the wetsuit.   What lake do you guys ride on?

I was doing some fishing at our beach the other day and got snagged.... Went in to my ankles and doubt is was warmer than 45.

Made another video this weekend when a buddy brought his drone and my brother-in-law picked up a used X45. BTW - the A20 surf wake blew the X45 with 750s in the rear out of the water...

On April 19, 2016 at 2:23 PM, boardjnky4 said:

Todd is a MalibuCrew member now! YES!

break-in? pfft I didn't bother. I demo'd it before purchasing, with full ballast. Didn't want to purchase before seeing what it was capable of. That's ancient advice and no dealer does break-in on demo or in-stock boats. It's a precaution AT BEST.

I need to figure out how to get notifications when topics I'm either interested in or have commented in are updated!

On March 29, 2016 at 11:08 PM, mnwakerider said:

@powderski14owderski14 we are running all stock ballast (rear tanks and center) with 750s in the rear and a bow sac up front.

What brand bags and specifically which bow sac?  I'm trying to find one for my A20 and the bow area seems pretty small.  Thanks!