Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Guy and new to me 99 VLX

atolman

Hi all, just introducing myself to the site! Just picked up a really nice 99 Wakesetter and I'm looking to get all of the info I can about this boat! We mostly wakeboard but I want to see what kind of surf wave this will put out as well. 

Anyone recognize this boat? It has a malibucrew sticker on the side and has the transom pad as well. Would love to get in touch with previous owners. Here she is: 

Owe4kju.jpg

61zhiQE.jpg

Edited by atolman
pics

Great looking boat! Nice clean white with a little tint on the wind screen looks great! Stock the wake isn't great but if you add a little extra weight you do get a nice stiff wake for wakeboarding and with enough weight you can definitely surf. We don't surf much but when we do we use a 500 next to the engine full, 500 on the side seat and another 300 in the bow. It takes some weight but you can have a lot of fun with that boat!

Quick question for you (or anyone that recognizes it) does anyone know the brand of that bimini? I've been looking for a bimini and I think that one is pretty cool!

I own that same boat!  It's currently for sale but I loved that boat.  We surfed the heck out of it.  I made some DIY gates (awesome but not very stylish) and sacked it out and the wake was incredible.  A 540 on each side of the engine, an 800 across the back floor, another 800 walkway bag from the bow floor to the back and then a 650 bow bag that we placed in the middle of the cabin on top of the other bags.  No room for walking but a crazy wake.  Good luck with that boat.  They are rock solid and that one looks to be in fine shape.

Dave