Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help please- engine won't turn and gauges wont come on

I have a 2012 Axis A22 -Engine won't turn over at all and the gauges are not coming on. All of my accessories work just fine. Just had it start yesterday. I installed a new component today and now engine won't turn. i assume that I may have blown a fuse somewhere but have checked the fuses I am aware of and can't seem to find a blown one. I don't think its the ECM because there were no sparks or any sign of a large surge. My 80amp protector is not tripped.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to some secrete hidden fuses or have any ideas? Sitting in the driveway perplexed...

Thank you in advance!!!
Robert

• 2 weeks later...

You may have already done this but my suggestion is start with the easy stuff first.  Sounds like no power getting to dash for ignition if nothing comes on.   There is separate wiring from battery to starter and control single from ignition to starter.   Do not think you have a battery to starter issue.  Control signal from dash to starter.  Work on getting the dash power restored.  

1) Check the battery for charge.  Battery switch if equipped switched on?  Could be flat battery not enough to turn over.  Remote possibility but easy first check.  

2) Assume you disconnected the battery to install the "new" component.    Check all connections again.

3) You may want to disconnect\remove new component as this could be causing the issue.  Is all the wiring correct?

4) Inline fuse\breaker from battery to dash?  Check that is is OK.  

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction  This is what I would do in your situation.  Good Luck