Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Party Floats / Saddles - Best??

minnmarker

I'd question if it would float more than a 150 lb adult..... which I haven't been since the 7th grade. Plus I don't see the point in buying another $100 in floats when the PFD diapers & noodles do the job fine. Not to mention storing them.

We have a few like that made of nylon and they get used quite a bit.  Are they any better than noodles or jacket?  Yea, they are more comfortable, but I wouldn't make it a high priority to go get them.  We've picked up a few over the years at boat shows just to dream of summer during the cold months.   One of ours holds water severely and takes forever to dry out.  The foam ones wouldn't have that issue, but I've never tried the foam ones to comment on how well they work. 

We use the foam saddles similar to the O'Brien link you posted.  They store flat, dry quick and make great cushions when sitting around on the dock as well.  I also like them because I put them in-between surfboards when stowed in rear lockers and traveling to the lake.  

We have one I received as a gift because my daughter and wife get embarrased when I sport my Baby Hughie Diaper. LOL It floats Baby Hughie. However it is something else to store in the boat.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sparky450 said:

We have one I received as a gift because my daughter and wife get embarrased when I sport my Baby Hughie Diaper. LOL It floats Baby Hughie. However it is something else to store in the boat.

Hmmm, I guess a party hat is out too then, huh.

41238_429769519092_8266987_n.jpg?oh=2bd5

We have two rafts that we got from Costco that are part mesh, part inflatable. Best part is they 'twist/fold' in half so you can store (fully inflated) in the rear lockers.

Haha!  We carry a couple of the large vinyl coated (like the old school 80's life vests) pool noodles. Ribbed for her pleasure. We've been known to have "nekkid noodle races". My wife and her friends discovered how much fun it is to ride the noodles like a sea horse. We saw them at Costco and when we went back to buy them, they were sold out. We ended up calling every pool store within 50 miles  and friends up and down the state.   We were able to find 6 of them that summer and one came from as far away as 150 miles. We now buy them every time we see them at Costco. It has kinda become like hunting season as we check back regularly at about the time of year come out. Friends all look forward to adult float days on the boat. image_10.png

• Like 1

Have a couple of the large noodles too!!

BTW After Bill posted that picture, I spent 2 hours looking through pictures for me floating in the hat and couldn't find one.LOL