Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What did your lake look like at 9:00 this morning?

DRAGON88

GOD! i wish i could have that, i'm lucky if my lake looks like that at midnight Cry.gif

Same here. That is why we usually only go out on weekdays. Very few boats and calm water.

Video is a great way for me to end our day. . . .just the right mood.

Dragon -- that picture is fantastic. Makes me think it might be worth the drive down from Portland. . .

Thanks for sharing!

Video is a great way for me to end our day. . . .just the right mood.

Dragon -- that picture is fantastic. Makes me think it might be worth the drive down from Portland. . .

Thanks for sharing!

Kick a** video!! Clap.gif I really like the music choice, I get tired of hearing a bunch of Rap or Hardcore stuff on every U-Tube video.

We actually had a couple of nice calm mornings because of the excessive heat and humidity in the midwest. Unfortunately, the tubers hit the lake before 9:00am both days, so that quickly went bye bye.

...Unfortunately, the tubers hit the lake before 9:00am both days, so that quickly went bye bye.

nice, makes you want to mount an ouzy...

we were out at 7 am sunday when tubers came out. they left after 1/2 hour, then we had 2 hours of glass to ourselves. really unusual for a sunday.

My lake looked like that all day Friday, the new boom and other barefooting gear arrived via UPS around noon. Had the boom installed by 1:30 but nobody around to pull all weekend. On saturday/sunday the water was pretty calm till 9:00ish both days but then it got a little worse but not too bad. Sun was too harsh to stay out there for long unless you had a bimini and not many around here do. Everyone wanted heat relief. It was 111 in the sun, 98 in the shade, and 77 in the water.

Worse wake came from a jet skier, with spotter, pulling a tube with three kids. After several hours I waited around his dock for him to return and very politely told him it was illegal to pull more than the capacity of his 'boat'. Next day he was right back at it. It is a rental place and the people that rent it don't give a rip how many laws they break boating or with fireworks or how many people they upset in the process.

im envious

i went out the the private slalom lake we ski at in corvallis today, and by 9:00 the wind was sdo bad it was almost white capping. but i guess thats prob nothin compared to public water, but it sucked, couldnt get a decent run in. AND THE FREAKIN LAKE IS ONLY 200 FEET WIDE!!! i was not happy.

I was out in my backyard on the lake this morning at 7:00 and it was glass. Me and a buddy each got in two sets in the course and I was at my desk in my office by 8:30.

Tonight I had my kids out on the water from 6:30 to 8. They skied, wakeboarded and tubed. The tubing killed me because it was back to glass again but the kids loved it.

This is what mine looked like last night @ 5:00. I win.

Take a bow Craig Clap.gif That was a lesson for the rest of us.

This is what mine looked like last night @ 5:00. I win.

Craig, good thing you are in Florida because my daughters were pretty impresed by your link I sent them. The video off to the right on the page it linked to called 'the guys' or something like that was quite impressive too.

Hey guys...I think I made that video a little misleading on accident. Craig is a friend of mine that I ride with. I am Keith...not in that video, but in a few others. Craig has a much smoother style than I do, and is WAY better at spins than me. He just happened to win the rock/paper/scissors for the first run on the glassy water that day. I got the last run of the day, which was almost as good...but I blew it...so it wasn't video worthy. Oh well...next time. To view some other videos go to www.wakeburton.com . The video called 'Funk' is the best one (and the shortest).

-Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few from our recent trip. The campsite was right on the lake (where I took the pics). Hardly any boats all day long. Rush hour (Saturday excepted) was maybe 2-3 boats in sight. Oh, and the lake is 30 miles long...

First experience we've had where the rider would have to drop off from exhaustion before the driver had to even adjust the steering wheel!

Looking down-lake to the dam:

post-7-1154134622_thumb.jpg

Looking slightly up-lake from the campsite. A nice sandy beach was right below the bluff.

post-7-1154134632_thumb.jpg

Oh, and this was closer to 10:00 AM after our first morning run. Man my arms are sore!

I am going out tomorrow morning at 7:30. I'll try to remember the camera. This morning there was a little wind from the southwest. Just enough to knock the backwash down.

Here's a few from our recent trip. The campsite was right on the lake (where I took the pics). Hardly any boats all day long. Rush hour (Saturday excepted) was maybe 2-3 boats in sight. Oh, and the lake is 30 miles long...

First experience we've had where the rider would have to drop off from exhaustion before the driver had to even adjust the steering wheel!

Looking down-lake to the dam:

post-7-1154134622_thumb.jpg

Looking slightly up-lake from the campsite. A nice sandy beach was right below the bluff.

post-7-1154134632_thumb.jpg

Oh, and this was closer to 10:00 AM after our first morning run. Man my arms are sore!

Nice H20. Where is that?

• 2 weeks later...

This was a week and a half ago Sunday. Little tyke wanted to play on the beach after he woke up from his normal boat ride snooze. Our lake isn't normally this dirty but several weeks of heavy monsoon rains (hey, is that what our engines are named after??) there is a lot of silt at the north end of the lake.

post-842-1155179641_thumb.jpg