Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indy wakeboard tower.

GaryB

I've got one on a 2001 Supra Sunsport.  I like the looks of it, it looks more like a stock tower than some of the other options.  No rattles or squeaks, everything is nice and tight.  It seems really strong, we'll see how stable it is once I get my Rev10's on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I put one on my '99 SSLXi.  I liked the look; it looked more "factory" to me than some of the others.

Installation was easy and the fit/finish is excellent.  It took about a half day to install, which included cutting and gluing the backing plates.  I used the recommended PC7 two part structural adhesive.  The instructions are fair; I had a couple questions which were quickly answered by the distributor here in the US.

I also installed the Indy bimini, which is great (and very large).  I particularly like their surfboard rack that mounts on top of the bimini.

The whole setup is quite solid but there is some side-to-side movement when crossing wakes at a shallow angle.  We used it all last summer and there are no signs of gelcoat cracking where the legs attach.  Be sure to aggressively chamfer the holes on the gelcoat side after you drill them.

Indy Tower 1

Indy Tower 2

Indy Tower 3

Indy Tower 4

Regardless of the make of tower, every joint in that tower allows it to fold up easily (for shipping or storage), and makes it flexible as to what side & width boat it can be installed on. Especially the joints up at the highest point.

Also allows it to move as the boat travels. IMO the key to the success of the towers made by Titan/Star One is that they don't have a lot of joints in them so they are sturdy & rigid. This is important when you start stacking them full of speakers & racks & towing big riders who don't like to let go of the rope early. Joints fail eventually.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky