Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

first wakesurf board

Romiluz

so i have just bought my 13' MXZ 24 and I need the first wakesurf board. (already got wakeboard - liquid force watson hybrid 14').

which would you think is the easiest to learn on the first moves?

i suggest the LF Quad custom in nice price.

what's your opinion ? 

The ronix powertail is a very good beginner/intermediate board.  Very stable, easy to ride, and not as fragile as some of the other surfers.  however eventually all roads lead to soulcraft.  it all depends on your budget. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, wakemitch said:

Have you ever wakesurfed before? Or will this be your first time ever?

if you have ridden before, can you ride without the rope?

the last saturday try for the first time and i failed leaving the rope. the dealer let me try the LF Quad custom. that's why I asked about it.

Edited by Romiluz

I'm in the same boat... (See what I did there? LOL) And I'm interested to follow this... 

Im taking delivery of a '13 24MXZ on Friday and I was just trying to figure out what wake surfer I want to buy when I pick up the boat.

I was kind of leaning towards a Liquid Force Fish, to start off and keep around as a guest board, and then figure out exactly what I like and get another for myself eventually.  Any reviews on the LF Fish?

I got a Liquid Force Fish as my first board it's more of a true surfboard. Out grew it after my first couple of rides. Look at a Ronix Koal Fish its a surf boad with a little skim in it, should make a good boat board once you step up to a better board you'll need to purchase based on you weight and height.  

11 minutes ago, BigE said:

I got a Liquid Force Fish as my first board it's more of a true surfboard. Out grew it after my first couple of rides. Look at a Ronix Koal Fish its a surf boad with a little skim in it, should make a good boat board once you step up to a better board you'll need to purchase based on you weight and height.  

Thanks the Koal Fish was probably 2nd on my list...  So you think that board has a little more potential go further as skills progress.

Yes, in my experience it'll take you farther than the Liquid Force Fish, and it's easy to learn on as well. We are talking first boards here. Down the road you'll need to factor in riding styles and such for your upgrade. 

Go cheap for your first board since you will need to upgrade after a few months anyways. There are good boards that will get you rope less quick between $200-300

I agree with wakemitch on keeping it cheap to start. I learned on a cwb ride. The used market can also prove to be a good resource. I have a quiver of 3 boards all were Pre owned. Inland surfer swallow V2 (pretty much new $350 on Craigslist), phase 5 oogle ($80 on Craigslist and inland surfer fly boy big boy ($300 on TMC). They may not be the fanciest boards but i paid a fraction of the price of new and I have a diverse collection of boards that I can sell for what I paid in order to upgrade. 

Oh, I forgot, I just got a  new Victoria debut for my wife and kids. That was $175 new at the boat show. 

What about a CWB Tsunami for your first board?  That's where I'd start. They are cheap, compression molded, good to learn on, and will take you as far as you want to go. When you move on from it, it will serve as a great boat board.