Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Acme

Guest M@LIBU

Guest M@LIBU

Im looking to buy a spare prop for my 23lsv and was wanting to get something different than the 537. Wakeside offers the 857 and says its for boats with an addt'l 2000 lbs of ballast. Question is, how will the boat drive when its not weighted down with the addt'l ballast?

I don't know about the acme's, but I am running a oj xmp edge 14.25 x 12 w/ a 1 cup (490 i believe) and I could not be happier. I lost about 2 mph on the top end, but it comes out of the water better than I could have imagined even with over 3000 pounds of ballast on top of stock. I don't know what motor you have as that would affect it, but I would take a look at them.

I just got the 1235 and it is much better than the 537 IMO. But you do notice the top end loss.

What's the difference between the 1235 you got and the 857 that Wakeside offers?

Pitch: 14.25

Diameter: 14.25

Cut: .105

Pitch: 15.5

Diameter: 13.25

Cut: .060

The sales pitch I got was: "More torque for weighted boats."

Edited by Romi

Romi -

Wouldn't a higher pitch, lower diameter prop offer more torque (theoretically)? I would think that the 857 would accomplish this more so than the 1235 based on the numbers you posted. (??)

I don't know a lot about props - enlighten me if can!! Thanks... (fyi - I have a 23LSV and we are using about 3000lbs of ballast (including the stock) Your recommendation?

All I can say is that when we weight the boat down for surfing, power is not an issue. We have more problems with handling than power.

I love the prop... Call AMCE, you will get good feedback from them.

The 1235 is hands down the best prop for a heavily weighted 23 lsv. IMHO that is.

Stusumm - have you had any experience with the 857 prop? What did you notice the first time you hit the throttle in the 1235? What does a 1235 cost these days? how much weight do you usually run?

thanks.

The 1235 is hands down the best prop for a heavily weighted 23 lsv. IMHO that is.

Stusumm - have you had any experience with the 857 prop? What did you notice the first time you hit the throttle in the 1235? What does a 1235 cost these days? how much weight do you usually run?

thanks.

No experience with the 857, I have only run the 537 and now the 1235. We usually run anywhere from 1800 lbs to 2600 lbs (that's including MLS). The 1235 just seems to be a very smooth pull regardless of how much weight you have in the boat...very consistent. You can also plan on losing 3 or 4 mph off the top end. As far as cost, we got in on the super duper D-goose group buy.

No experience with the 857, I have only run the 537 and now the 1235. We usually run anywhere from 1800 lbs to 2600 lbs (that's including MLS). The 1235 just seems to be a very smooth pull regardless of how much weight you have in the boat...very consistent. You can also plan on losing 3 or 4 mph off the top end. As far as cost, we got in on the super duper D-goose group buy.

Sweet. It would definitely be nice for the gas end of things to get on plane a little faster and with less effort and RPMs. Have you notice any difference in your fuel consumption with the new prop?

I run the 857 and haven't had any issues with it. Not much lost at the top end, but more RPMs just crusin'

Much better hole-shot though, that is what I was looking for

What motor do you guys have? I have the 8.1 and would like more holeshot because our lakes are at around 6k feet. Anyone run the XMP Edge with the 8.1?