Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just bought Our 13' MXZ 24

Romiluz

we are big family who loves wakeboarding (65%) and wakesurfing (35%) and without compromise on the size of the boat.

so we picked the 24 MXZ.

Please give me all the tips you can, about the wake set ups, about the handling and any other thing that might help me.

thanks

U8hhkxZ.jpg

Here is the surfer thread.  I can't speak too much for wakeboard wake.  As I primarily surf.  I will be going out tomorrow with a couple wakeboard centric riders.  I will let you know how they set up. 

Beautiful boat!!!!

Those are some strange registration numbers on the bow.  The area looks like western US, but I am guessing you are not from around these here parts?  

Beautiful boat - My 24 MXZ should be here by mid week.  I have had two 22 MXZ's and spend 80% surf 20% wakeboard.  Mostly fill all stock plus some PNP and you can play with wedge as needed.  Dark side  has the craziest setup for surfing (jealous).

Romiluz,

Your 24 is gorgeous!  I went out today and here is how the wakeboard wake was set up.

All 4 hard tanks full.

800 lead in the bow

Rear 100 lead + pnp roughly 800 pounds per side

2 clicks of wedge

23.5 MPH 

FYI, I am at 1700 ft. we also had roughly 800 pounds of crew.  This setup pushed the 572 LSA fairly hard.  

Wake was crazy big!

Surf same setup, just PNP bags full ~1250 each.

I don't have wakeboard pics on my phone, and am too lazy to transfer from camera tonight. 

Here is my oldest surfing today.  he is 6'1" for reference. Not the greatest pic but you get the idea.

tmp_26449-_IMG_000000_0000001568703814.jpg

1 hour ago, DarkSide said:

Surf same setup, just PNP bags full ~1250 each.

What bags do you have in there? Are they custom 1250's?  Do you know what the largest off the shelf bags are that will fit?

19 hours ago, Romiluz said:

for those who asked

I am from israel.

There was a guy on the MC forum a few years ago who had an X45 on the Sea of Galilee.  I thought that was pretty cool.  The mountains look exactly like many in the Western USA.  

10 hours ago, APoko said:

What bags do you have in there? Are they custom 1250's?  Do you know what the largest off the shelf bags are that will fit?

You can use the 1100's (24x24x50) however they do not fill entirely.  ~900, definitely better than 750's.