Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone have experience with Ronix customer service?

isellacuras

I bought a ronix Frank handle about mid way through last year. Today on a start, it snapped. 

image_19.jpeg

i will be emailing or calling them Monday but just curious about people's past experience with them. 

I also had a surfboard delaminate and bubble up on me a couple years ago, they replaced it with a new one.  The funny thing was the guy told me not to leave it out in the sun....I was like, uh ok, it is a surfboard on a wake boat???? I think they had a bad batch of board back in 2014, but regardless they were good about replacing it.  I do not think you will have any problems getting a new handle from them, especially since it is within the 1 year warranty period.

35 minutes ago, Fman said:

I also had a surfboard delaminate and bubble up on me a couple years ago, they replaced it with a new one.  The funny thing was the guy told me not to leave it out in the sun....I was like, uh ok, it is a surfboard on a wake boat???? I think they had a bad batch of board back in 2014, but regardless they were good about replacing it. 

Their 2016 surfboards also have stickers saying to not leave them in the sun. 

They use a EPS foam which releases gases which makes the boards expand and eventually delaminates. Their all black boards made the core get extra hot which sped up the process. They don't make fully colored boards anymore because of that, but they still use those materials. 

1 hour ago, wakemitch said:

Their 2016 surfboards also have stickers saying to not leave them in the sun.

They use a EPS foam which releases gases which makes the boards expand and eventually delaminates. Their all black boards made the core get extra hot which sped up the process. They don't make fully colored boards anymore because of that, but they still use those materials.

Yup exact reasoning they went with that clear light colored finish for '16.

My board was white, it was the Koal Fish, the new one has been fine with no issues.  Seriously, not being able to store a board on your racks or bimini in the sun seems a little odd to me.  I know when on Shasta for the week I do not take any boards off and put them in the shade, I am on vacation for crying out loud!  Hopefully there newer boards can take a little more heat :)  I really like Ronix, I ride a Rnox ATR wakeboard and my son has had two Parks boards and we continue to buy there products.  Infact picking up a new set of bindings for my son today at my dealer, dang his feet are growing fast!  Only one season on his last pair of bindings and they are already way too small! :(

14 minutes ago, Fman said:

Seriously, not being able to store a board on your racks or bimini in the sun seems a little odd to me.  I know when on Shasta for the week I do not take any boards off and put them in the shade, I am on vacation for crying out loud!  Hopefully there newer boards can take a little more heat :)

Your not supposed to store regular surf boards or paddle boards in the heat & sun either. Even the graphics in old fiberglass waterskis & boards from our foils get "suntanned" in the sun. Thats why they sell covers too.

• Like 2

What about when your on the lake?  We can be out for hours during the day and boards stay on the racks in direct sun.  I always keep them in my garage when not in use, but on the water they always get a good dose of sun.  Maybe I will try and keep them in the shade when possible in the future, I just figured they could take a few hours in the sun with no issues.  Thanks for the tip!

2 hours ago, Fman said:

What about when your on the lake?  We can be out for hours during the day and boards stay on the racks in direct sun.  I always keep them in my garage when not in use, but on the water they always get a good dose of sun.  Maybe I will try and keep them in the shade when possible in the future, I just figured they could take a few hours in the sun with no issues.  Thanks for the tip!

Just liberally apply 303 to your boards.........does make them quite slippery though

Or throw a wet towel over them when parked

4 hours ago, Fman said:

They fade or get "suntanned". I just accept it. I've used covers in the past, but not lately.

As for paddleboards, I had 2 of them fade & bubble up badly. Since then, I've gone to an inflatable, which is a LOT tougher in every way. Took it down a creek on Sunday. Was a riot.

Speaking of fading, my sons wakeboard (Parks Modella) turned yellow over last summer, was not super happy about this.  I could not believe how much it faded when we took his bindings off.  Last weekend I ended up shooting it in arctic flat white with three coats of matt clear, it turned out pretty clean, looks brand new.   We have some decals coming to finish it off.  Much better than purchasing a $700 wakeboard.  Will be interesting to see if it survives a full summer without fading with automotive enamel paint applied to it.  As long as it gets me through this season, he will be riding a 137/139 next year.  For anyone looking for bindings this season, the new Parks 2016 bindings are very cool, Ronix came up with a good, easy to use synching system for the laces!

20160321_161435_zpsbl1n0hza.jpg

20160321_161534_zpsw4qkjo76.jpg

Spoke with ronix today. Sounds like things are going along well. Only problem is that I can't recall who I bought the handle from. I usually buy my stuff from Evo, the-house or buywake but none of them had record of my purchase. I explained that I could have bought through their site (which redirects the purchase to the nearest dealer) but they won't know until tomorrow. It was an interesting conversation with them today. Looking forward to  posting about a positive outcome. 

1 hour ago, Fman said:

Speaking of fading, my sons wakeboard (Parks Modella) turned yellow over last summer, was not super happy about this.  I could not believe how much it faded when we took his bindings off.  Last weekend I ended up shooting it in arctic flat white with three coats of matt clear, it turned out pretty clean, looks brand new.   We have some decals coming to finish it off.  Much better than purchasing a $700 wakeboard.  Will be interesting to see if it survives a full summer without fading with automotive enamel paint applied to it.  As long as it gets me through this season, he will be riding a 137/139 next year.  For anyone looking for bindings this season, the new Parks 2016 bindings are very cool, Ronix came up with a good, easy to use synching system for the laces!

Hard to imagine car paint fading. Definitely a far cry from gelcoat & cloth graphics.

I have a wakeboard bench that I keep on the dock. The old Hyperlite boards faded from purple to nearly white. So I rattle canned them white & put vinyl graphics on it. That was like 3 winters ago & it still looks the same other than a few chips or dings in the paint.

3 hours ago, Fman said:

20160321_161435_zpsbl1n0hza.jpg

20160321_161534_zpsw4qkjo76.jpg

I'm interested to see how that holds up. Car paint is not meant to flex. There's an adative that you can put in that will allow some elasticity but I can't see regular enamel flexing as much as a modern day wakeboard does. 

Time will tell on the durability, he puts these boards to the test from riding, houseboat trips, wakeboard camp, etc...I am also wondering how it will hold up.  One of the instructors at the camp he attends painted a board last year and it held up all summer, so I am optomistic.  The $30 investment with decals and paint was a nice alternative from a new board.  Those new 2016 models are not cheap!

23 hours ago, Fman said:

I have one of the socks that Ronix sells and I put my board in the rack in its sock.  Not that big of a hassle and it seems to help quite a bit.  When we get done with a session, I take it off the boat and put it in the houseboat.

Dave

23 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Spoke with ronix today. Sounds like things are going along well. Only problem is that I can't recall who I bought the handle from. I usually buy my stuff from Evo, the-house or buywake but none of them had record of my purchase. I explained that I could have bought through their site (which redirects the purchase to the nearest dealer) but they won't know until tomorrow. It was an interesting conversation with them today. Looking forward to  posting about a positive outcome. 

From time to time we get into debates about buying local vs online. This ^^^ is exactly why I buy ONLY from my local dealer. That way I never have to remember who I bought it from, save receipts, or even deal with the manufacturer. If this had been my rope I would already have a new one... walk into store with broken handle, walk out five mins later with new one. 

This has played out for me time and time again. Rope handle, boots, delam surfboard, etc. 

I only point this out because we will inevitably have that debate again. Or the debate about how some guy doesn't need a dealer, ever. 

I used to be all about finding the best deal on earth. Now I realize Its not worth saving a few bucks on the front end to have to go through this hassle.  I'm more in tuned with "the experience" and not just "the price."  Although, I get excellent pricing from my dealer nowadays. 

I am not one of the "I'll never need a dealer" guys. i shop online mostly for the convenience. My dealer is across town in an area that I don't get out to very often. It's about the gas, time and price which all add up.  My dealer will give me a deal but it seems that I have to ask for it every time, which is not comfortable for me. I don't like the feeling of wanting to be entitled, especially if I have to ask for it. If I don't ask, they're prices are head rippin high.   I buy most of my stuff from evo and Bakes. They may not always be the cheapest but my experience with them has been all positive and their prices are competitive which are two things I look for.  I'm not sure why I didn't get this handle from Evo but I do recall looking specifically for that particular handle at the time.   I'm sure I could figure out where it came from if I dig a little but it sounds like the ball is rolling with the manufacturer so I will let that process take place.  I don't think this is gonna be a situation of "I wish I woulda bought local"