Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what bag will fit if i take out cooler?

Chia

if i remove the cooler and the divider under the seat on the starboard side of my 2008 vlx, what size ballast bag can i fit there?

the bag cannot extend into the bin as there is an 1,100 lb sac there.

tia

Edited by Chia

Go to Wake Makers or Bakes and look to see the dimensions of the bags that will fit. Looking at my LSV, and I did pull that poor excuse of a cooler I guess you aren't going to get much more than 200 lbs in there if that. I know I have 8" of vertical clearance to the bottom of the seat. About 18" hull to seat base and about a 4' run to where the trash can sits. 

Siri says those dimensions will get you @249 lbs

Edited by wdr

An 1100 in the locker and 200 under the seat should get you plenty of lean. Another 450 in bow on surf side and a couple hundred pounds of lead to shift around and I think you have a good formula. 

Another option would be a custom bag from wakemakers. I think they market the vlx dong sack as 1400ish pounds. Prolly an 1100 pound sack with a 400 pound dong that prolly won't get to full erection  and will be a bit limp at 12-1300 pounds. Sorry, couldn't help myself. 

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Chia said:

if i remove the cooler and the divider under the seat on the starboard side of my 2008 vlx, what size ballast bag can i fit there?

the bag cannot extend into the bin as there is an 1,100 lb sac there.

tia

Not sure length difference in compartments.....................Removed cooler from 07 23 LSV and the 370 tube sac fits in mine.