Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ported box for Big12

McMiller

I need help from you audio experts,  this is my 1st ported box build. I pickup my new 23LSV in about two weeks.  I took shawndoggie's basic dimensions and am trying to build a box for an exile big 12.  This 1st pass is 1.95 cubic feet not counting the port, i am planning for it to be out of 3/4" baltic, I know the depth is long and will hang over the carpet,  my questions are:

1. Am I calculating the port length correctly?
  2. Is 20" too tall for a 16 23lsv under the drivers feet?

big12 box spec.jpg

sub box 3.jpg

I built this in solidworks so if anyone wants the CAD files when I'm finished i'll send them to you.

Edited by McMiller

If your boat has the cover underneath the helm, make sure you account for the two posts with the screw on quick nuts that stick down. 

I just did a 16' VLX and it was the first I had seen these . Entry on the 22 was 20" exact. Those posts where the lowest point.

• 1 month later...

Finally in the boat and hooked up, sounds great, the ws420 is just temporarily mounted, I didn't tune it in yet but I think it sounds pretty good.  Now I just have to finish the carpeted kick panel with the heater outlets on the right side.CFB42217-691E-4E6A-8781-594DF4F29F70_zps080D758E-DD80-418C-A3D2-277B82D0F05A_zps