Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim trunks

Badger

I wear hybrids all the  time now, they are light and comfortable.  The ones I have have regular pockets.  Take a look at Da Hui, they have both hybrids and board shorts with some decent designs.  

8 hours ago, Josh4mc said:

Costco has a few in stock now. $15-20 each, can't go wrong. I like wearing these while we are delta ratting it around, versatile.

Score! We made a trip in to Costco tonight. Their called Da Hui & are pretty cool. I picked up a pair of them & a pair of the Gerry cargo shorts.

http://www.costco.com/mens-shorts.html

12 hours ago, Badger said:

Of course this is a real topic!  This is a first world problem at it's finest.  

I really do appreciate all of the answers.  I think I'll check out the UA underwear, to open up some options with board shorts.  

For those of you with the hybrids, do you buy these in place of shorts and wear them when you're not on the water, like the golf course too?  Or is strictly water sports?  Some of these seem a bit bland coming from a companies like Billabong and O'Neill.

Also, do board shorts typically NOT have any pockets, except maybe a key pocket inside?

What part of CR are you going too?

Some board shorts have a back pocket, others have one on the side.  Hurley Phantom's are great at drying off quickly.  Putting on anything underneath defeats the point of having quick drying shorts. 

3 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

Pro-combat on the compressions, I think that's what they are called.

Pro-Combat is the name of the Nike brand

FYI.  I wear compression shorts under my board shorts. 

• Like 1

I know some of you guys will say this is a girls brand, but lululemon EI current short with the built in liner are amazing. It's almost like built in boxers but yet not. The price isn't the cheapest but they are amazing. Just looked online and they don't have the lined ones yet, they probably will soon once the summer season rolls around. 

15 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

I know some of you guys will say this is a girls brand, but lululemon EI current short with the built in liner are amazing. It's almost like built in boxers but yet not. The price isn't the cheapest but they are amazing. Just looked online and they don't have the lined ones yet, they probably will soon once the summer season rolls around. 

they are amazing, and the best part is they match your purse.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

23 minutes ago, Stevo said:

they are amazing, and the best part is they match your purse.

Looks like they might match my wifes purse

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/m-shorts-swim/El-Current-Short-II

13 hours ago, Stevo said:

What part of CR are you going too?

5 days in the Arenal Volcano region and then 6 days in the Tamarindo area.  Doing all the adventure type stuff.  Really looking forward to ocean surfing.

Sneak down to Playa Grande from Tamarindo for a day. Best surfing and the Star Taco stand. Best tacos in CR and the American lady that runs it is great to talk to. Her little boy named River is a hoot too. 

Try to head to Playa Avellanas a little South of Tamarindo and check out Lola's. Cool little beach Restaurant/Bar with some good surfing. And there's Lola the pig.