Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory amps and WS420...

Cmb396

Was talking to my audio guy the other day, and going to have him put a wa420bt in, and he asked if about the amps. He said that some may not be compatible and you cannot use all the functions of the 420. I have no clue, has anyone just added a ws420 to a factory stereo trouble free? Boat is a 2013, has the 3 fosgate amps.

I did the same all last season with no issues and full function. Maybe he is looking for the upsell?? ?

Edited by SURFNUT

Simply put, the WS-420 is a universal pre-amp RCA device. it will plug into all 3 of the factory amps or just about any other and operate 100% fully functional. 

Have you considered the SQ version and the BTVC? Fit good and look good in the billet aluminum under dash mount. 

^i did not know about the btvc, wish I had, I would have installed it on my last boat with sq.

So, would this still be necessary to install on the 420BT? From what I'm seeing, you still would to control bt functions despite using your phone.

WS-420SQ is the standard preamp, that works with almost everything.

WS-420BT is the same preamp, but adds Bluetooth.

I'd recommend the 420SQ over the BT because there's a larger loss of volume with the Bluetooth version, as opposed to using a 420SQ with BTVC