Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Member In The Northwest

CharlieBeaU

Welcome to another fellow Washingtonian!  So sorry for the loss, that was a heck of a fire; forget how many millions (30?) in the grand total. But big congrats on your new boat and nice shout out for State Farm.

Red

Oh man the license plate on the trailer is bent.  Someone has backed it into something.  They probably badly damaged the boat at the same time.  Demand a full history and a DISCOUNT.  Buyer beware!

/End sarcasm

Is Boots part of the deal?

5 hours ago, CharlieBeaU said:

Thanks guys. I'm so stoked. I can't wait to drive down and pick it up.

Charlie, you're buying a boat from one of the truly legendary people on this forum. So you can be sure it's in tip top shape. Not only that but Shawn has invested so much time in the stereo. Whether you appreciate that sort of thing or not, you're getting a gem. 

Congrats!  And I hope to see you on the water here locally!!

• Like 2

Wow, what a drag. Great to hear things are already working out & your into another great boat.

So I'm curious.... any pics of the old boat? Preferably before the fire?    ;)

Congrats and welcome, only problem is there will be no mods left for you to do until the weather gets nice to pass the time.

So who knows what Shawn is getting next?

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

Wow, what a drag. Great to hear things are already working out & your into another great boat.

So I'm curious.... any pics of the old boat? Preferably before the fire?    ;)

Here are a few pics of the 2010. It was an awesome boat. I didn't really have a chance to get any pics of us on the water.

DSCN0493.jpg

DSCN0495.jpg

IMG_4401.jpg

Here are some pics of it's final resting place. This was a 100 yard long warehouse with 350+ boats stacked on racks inside. State Farm asked me to take pics of the boat after the fire. I sent these and let them know there wouldn't be much to take pics of. They were cool with that.

0302161413a.jpg

0302161414a.jpg

0302161414.jpg

0302161415a.jpg

0302161415b.jpg

• Like 2

Glad to see you made it on here Charlie and I'm so stoked that your family is going to be back on the water in the coming weeks / months!

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, UpperleftWake said:

Glad to see you made it on here Charlie and I'm so stoked that your family is going to be back on the water in the coming weeks / months!

I was confused because I bought the 2005 from you recently and my name is Charlie. But ok, this Mason guy at Activeh2o treats Charlies really well, this much we know!

• Like 2

Great purchase - congrats and welcome!

I can't believe how quickly the insurance companies are processing claims, seems like that fire was just in the news here. Nice to see something good come out of that tangled mess of metal and fiberglass!

Talked with a local marine surveyor, said he has 27 boats he needs to find the engine serial numbers for in that mess. He said Geico lost 50 in the first day, meaning 50 people called the next day of the fire. We had to break the news to one customer. Rough.