Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat Skins

Roush611

This is my first post as I am looking to purchase a 2001 Wakesetter. The vinyl is original and has not passed the wife test. I know this topics has been beaten to death but it seems like the resources that people use to get skins from have dried up. I am wondering if that assumption is correct or if there is another person to contact regarding getting some new skins.

Thanks! 

I was told to just get your serial number to the dealership and then then can order the correct one. I have the same issue. 

5 hours ago, Malibucanuck27 said:

I was told to just get your serial number to the dealership and then then can order the correct one. I have the same issue. 

I will check that out! Thanks for the tip

I am in the process of redoing the interior on my 2000 Escape LSV. My dealer couldn't recommend anyone and said Malibu would not provide if the boat was over seven years old. So, I bought an industrial sewing machine and with the help of my wife am doing it myself. Jeff at Viper Customs in Maryville, TN was a big help and we ordered vinyl through him. 

Its a long and tedious job but is turning out great. 

image.jpeg

In my area $4500 is about the going rate to do the interior, FYI. Not sure if the price for just the skins. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, ptagher said:

I am in the process of redoing the interior on my 2000 Escape LSV. My dealer couldn't recommend anyone and said Malibu would not provide if the boat was over seven years old. So, I bought an industrial sewing machine and with the help of my wife am doing it myself. Jeff at Viper Customs in Maryville, TN was a big help and we ordered vinyl through him. 

image.jpeg

In my area $4500 is about the going rate to do the interior, FYI. Not sure if the price for just the skins. 

Wow that looks fantastic! 

Thanks!  I wish I wasn't so much of a perfectionist because boy does it take a while to go from good to great. To be honest though I'm seeing more and more wrinkles in brand new boats which is disappointing for what they are charging. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ptagher said:

image.jpeg

Your DIY job looks better than some "Pro" jobs I've seen.  

Whenever my boat needs an interior I'm just going to drop it off at Viper for the winter.  They do amazing work. 

On 3/5/2016 at 6:28 PM, Malibucanuck27 said:

Pretty sure skins for a 2001 won't be available from the factory.

• 8 years later...
On 3/6/2016 at 8:55 AM, ptagher said:

image.jpeg

I realize its been a minute but thought I might get lucky. I've done some of my skins in the past with an old machine I had laying around but it seems pretty angry this time about the vinyl. 

What machine did you get i was looking at the singer heavy duty 4452