Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Board for Wife and I... which?

CFH

My wife and I got into surfing last year with a Liquid force Fish 5'6 and now its just too slow for us and looking too upgrade.  Problem is that we really cant afford to buy a board for each of us... so which board would you recommend that we both can use? I weight around 185 and she is 135lbs.  Does the size of the board matter? We tried a ronix 4'6 board that seems nice but very twitchy.  I guess we want a surf style board.  ANY help would be great!

Was looking at this board...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Liquid-Force-Fiver-50-Wakesurf-Board-/252283282034?hash=item3abd416272:g:UGEAAOSwuAVWu5no

Edited by CFH

my wife rides a ronix coal powertail (she is right at 125) and a couple of my friends really like this board as well (they range from 165-205).  I bet you could get a great deal on a 2015 board right now (should be able to get in the 400s pretty easy)!

Edited by r33pwrd
29 minutes ago, r33pwrd said:

my wife rides a ronix coal powertail (she is right at 125) and a couple of my friends really like this board as well (they range from 165-205).  I bet you could get a great deal on a 2015 board right now (should be able to get in the 400s pretty easy)!

Im going to pick up this one for 325.00.  Thanks for the suggestion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Ronix-Koal-Thruster-WakeSurf-Board-47-/131728582634?hash=item1eaba2a7ea:g:GloAAOSwHnFV3e1G

19 minutes ago, CFH said:

great deal.  I know a lot of people think the Ronix are not the best boards but I will say they are not bad and easily the most durable board on my boat.  Let us know how you like it!

Yeah for the price I feel you really cant go wrong... not going to spend 900 on a custom board right now.  Just looking for something that's faster and more maneuverable than my LF Fish thats 5'6, we are way past that point now.