Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 Vinyl

Davidda

I'm impressed with how thorough you are!  I've talked to Blair a couple of times, and always have been impressed by how he stands behind his products.  He was very customer focused and wanted to make sure I was properly taken care of as a customer, and if I wasn't he wanted to hear about it.  Part of the reason I'm on Malibu boat #2.

• Like 2

Love this post. Thank you! 

In the past, I finished off my Vinyl cleaning with 303 Areospace Protectant. Curious if you plan to do the same or if that came up in conversation.

Edited by Cipro
58 minutes ago, Cipro said:

Love this post. Thank you! 

In the past, I finished off my Vinyl cleaning with 303 Areospace Protectant. Curious if you plan to do the same or if that came up in conversation.

303 products are on the approved list so I may. Out of the ones on their list, Babe, Boat Bling, Ducky's and 303 are on the approved list. There are a good number on the list but none other than these that I recognize or have used. I mentioned Babes and Boat Bling in the original post because they responded to my email right away, as did Boat Bling. I was using Hula Care on my 14 23LSV and really loved their products so I will likely make a change to one of these listed here. 

Great Post!  I agree - actually asked them if there was any leftover 2015 vinyl since I so far wasn't a big fan of the texturing.  Was worried that a texture would hold more dirt in place than a smooth surface

• 3 months later...

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to remove blood from the textured vinyl?  One mosquito swat the first day and I cant get the blood spot out.  I am not a huge fan of this material so far. 

We love the new vinyl.  The texture adds a great contrast!  No problem cleaning thus far.  We have been using 303 and it seems to get everything off without much trouble!

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:04 AM, lukeusc said:

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to remove blood from the textured vinyl?  One mosquito swat the first day and I cant get the blood spot out.  I am not a huge fan of this material so far. 

Here is what is on the manufactures website.

Step 3: Use a 1:1 mix of ammonia and water, or a 1:4 mix of bleach

and water. Rinse with clean water and dry.

I was against the vinyl (even requested a build with 2016) and found that I am very impressed.  Honestly I have only used vinyl candy on it and it has come out well.

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:04 AM, lukeusc said:

Well I don't know if this is approved or anything but if you have a spot of blood maybe it wont be so bad since some are saying to use bleach or ammonia which I think would be harsher. Anyways Im a nurse and use peroxide on anything that gets blood on it and it comes right out.

have dye stains from a baseball cap that happened over the weekend---it got really wet and was on the seat.  black/dark blue stain on the moonbeam area. 

nothing is helping it.  Trying to "bake in the sun" technique now.  will report back.  All other things have cleaned right off.

5 hours ago, dppendar said:

have dye stains from a baseball cap that happened over the weekend---it got really wet and was on the seat.  black/dark blue stain on the moonbeam area. 

nothing is helping it.  Trying to "bake in the sun" technique now.  will report back.  All other things have cleaned right off.

I have had several stains on mine and even 303 spot remover didn't take them out, but after a few more outings, the stains were gone.

• 2 weeks later...

The flat vinyl is a nightmare to scrub off a black stain( all white axis) It takes a toothbrush or other and the 303, and some gone completely out and some don't , the new style has to be easier to clean with the high spots getting most of dirt. I only do it once a season  even though i wipe them down daily. It brightens everything significantly , but the hard stains don't seem to be any easier whether I clean them immediately or at ending season 

• 5 months later...

Has anyone used a conditioner (Boat Bling Condition Sauce for example) on the new vinyl after cleaning it with a product like Vinyl Sauce, 303, etc? I am curios if it is necessary to condition/protect  the new vinyl in my 2016 Response.

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, 1276 said:

Has anyone used a conditioner (Boat Bling Condition Sauce for example) on the new vinyl after cleaning it with a product like Vinyl Sauce, 303, etc? I am curios if it is necessary to condition/protect  the new vinyl in my 2016 Response.

Yes! I really like boat bling cleaner and conditioner. The conditioner protects from UV rays and does not last for ever. I try to do it at least twice a year. Plus it keeps the vinyl soft.

ahopkins22LSV
Just now, 1276 said:

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Still trying to figure out the best procedure for this new vinyl.

There isn't much to it. New, old, doesn't matter is going to get dirty from dust, water, whatever so it needs to be cleaned and conditioned. Depending on use and how much sun it sees or how many kids are in the boat your frequency might be once a year or once a month.

Since your's is new it will be easy to maintain. If you let it slide for years that is when it can be difficult/impossible to bring back.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone figured out the blood stain solution for this new vinyl yet? We have a mystery red spot (faded to brown so may be blood) that doesn't want to budge with either Vinyl Sauce or 303 Cleaner. Any successful treatments would be appreciated.

12 minutes ago, TKMalibu said:

Has anyone figured out the blood stain solution for this new vinyl yet? We have a mystery red spot (faded to brown so may be blood) that doesn't want to budge with either Vinyl Sauce or 303 Cleaner. Any successful treatments would be appreciated.

The sun. I have found that mine just fade over time. After your boat sits in the sun for a day, I'll bet it will be gone.