Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Platform Fix

Campbell24

Hey Guys,

I chipped my swim platform with my airchair and was wondering the best way to fix it. If it helps I have a 2015 Axis T22. Its about a one inch chunk out of the swim platform.

Thanks,

Brandon

Sucky. Being so new I'd get it repaired. As a minimum I'd patch with Marine Tex. Comes in white or grey. Can be tinted.

Edited by Technicallyabu

Look up Spectrum Gel Coat repair, it is color matched to your MY. I did a repair in ebony at it is virtually invisible. If it is as big as it sounds your may have to fill in the chunk depression with a little gel coat resin and then use the Spectrum to finish it off. An area that small would be a real easy and toolless diy fix.

Edited by wdr
  • Like 2
53 minutes ago, wdr said:

Look up Spectrum Gel Coat repair, it is color matched to your MY. I did a repair in ebony at it is virtually invisible. If it is as big as it sounds your may have to fill in the chunk depression with a little gel coat resin and then use the Spectrum to finish it off. An area that small would be a real easy and toolless diy fix.

Would you recommend the Spectrum patch paste to fill in small holes left after taking out cover snaps?  Color is white and was covered - so little, if any, sun fading.

Absolutely. I forgot I did use my buffing wheel to cut and polish the final results, so almost toolless. The small jar was @ $60.00 a few years back but well worth the expense! 

Edited by wdr
12 hours ago, wdr said:

Campbell (OP), See here just as I told you.