Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A few questions with H/U install

theGrant

I just installed a fusion deck in the dash and removed all aspects of the JBL black box. The new head unit has all the typical wires and I have read alot about speaker noise.

1 - Do I need to wire the Yellow  +12VDC and the Negative Ground Black wire back the the amp distrubution blocks or can they be installed to a + source and the grounding block under the dash without noise?

2 - Do I need to run the orange and brown wires at all?

3 - What is the route I take, or where do I gain access, to under the floor so I can run the Blue/White and RCA wires back to the amps? The RCA's that I have are only 15' long each so around the bow will not be an option.

Wires of H/U below

Battery +12VDC Yellow

Accessory +12V switched Red

Negative Ground Black

Remote Amplifier Enable ouput Blue/White

Dim input [12VDC active] Orange

Telemute input [GND active] Brown

I ran ALL of my stereo gear ground wires to one common ground as most on here were recommending and I have zero noise issues. IIRC on previous stereos my yellow was fused and was for the clock power and the red was the main power, but may not be on yours. When I did my WS upgrade and it may not of been necessary, but I ran all of my + wires to the same source as well. On my'10 I have a floating carpeted triangle cover on top of my bow tank. In other model years the covers are screwed to the platform up there from what I have been reading. The vertical carpeted partition in the walk way covering the back and lower portion of the bow ballast tank has a SS screw embedded on either side of the partition. Removing them should allow the partition to be pulled up and out exposing the bow pump and all of the other wires leading from the helm to the batteries and amps. I had to poke around with a steel scribe until heard the tell tale metal on metal click IOT find the screws. I tried to shield the RCAs as much as possible so as not to pick up any external electrical noise. You will have plenty of cable with the 15s if you go that route.

Edited by wdr
15 hours ago, wdr said:

I ran ALL of my stereo gear ground wires to one common ground as most on here were recommending and I have zero noise issues. IIRC on previous stereos my yellow was fused and was for the clock power and the red was the main power, but may not be on yours. When I did my WS upgrade and it may not of been necessary, but I ran all of my + wires to the same source as well. On my'10 I have a floating carpeted triangle cover on top of my bow tank. In other model years the covers are screwed to the platform up there from what I have been reading. The vertical carpeted partition in the walk way covering the back and lower portion of the bow ballast tank has a SS screw embedded on either side of the partition. Removing them should allow the partition to be pulled up and out exposing the bow pump and all of the other wires leading from the helm to the batteries and amps. I had to poke around with a steel scribe until heard the tell tale metal on metal click IOT find the screws. I tried to shield the RCAs as much as possible so as not to pick up any external electrical noise. You will have plenty of cable with the 15s if you go that route.

Do you have a picture of the specific area you are talking about for running the wiring? I am having trouble visualizing.

Not my boat and kind of a fuzzy picture, but the vertical piece just under the center cushion. Should be a screw on each side and should pull up when the screws are removed. Your '08 may be different, your dash was. Unless you have a 40" wing span and the hands of a little girl you will definately have to pull the sub to get the wires run from starboard to port. You will see where the come out the respective sides of the helms when you pull this panel. Be careful of splinters when you do, my holes were drilled like a drive by shooting! 

image.jpeg

Edited by wdr