Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Houseboat trip up the Murray River, South Australia

Timmo

21 hours ago, Timmo said:

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd share some pics of our recently completed houseboat trip up the Murray River in South Australia. We hired the boat from our home town of Renmark and celebrated my wife, Judy's 60th on the second night. We then headed up stream for about 4 hours at 5 knots and found a great spot to stay for a few days. Very quiet, great water and a great area of bush for the dogs (German Shepherd and a Blue Heeler) to run around in. Once you get a couple of kms upstream from Renmark you are surrounded by bush with no housing of any kind, very quiet. There were 5 of us on board, my son and I the only skiers, but we really enjoyed the water, the food and drink and the company. A houseboat trip in this part of the world really is a great experience

Looks great, Timmo! Congratulations to Mrs. Timmo. :) 

17 minutes ago, John I. said:

Awesome!!

I couldn't help but wonder......What kind of wildlife lurks under that glass? 

images_zpsmjqwsany.jpg

Awesome stuff Timmo! 

We try to go up to this part of the river every year for a week - usually leaving from http://www.aboverenmark.com.au/index.php and heading upstream. Has nothing to do with the brewery they have there and the kegs they put on board for you .... :)

Honestly, you can park the boat for 2-3 days and see no-one at all - truly an amazing spot on the river.

There is nothing in that grass apart from the odd brown snake and those cod or the damn carp (introduced species and now 'the rabbits of the river' - revolting things) in the river ...

Maybe the odd drop bear but they are really quite harmless :)

Edited by Punyelroo
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Punyelroo said:

Maybe the odd drop bear but they are really quite harmless :)

Looks like a great time!

I had forgotten about the dropbear!  Thanks for the laughs! :lol:

Hey mate how good is the Murray! We try and get up there for 7 to 10 days every 2 years with a group of us out of mannum SA, this year will be the first with our new malibu! Very keen!

Nah... Nothing with big teeth under there ... ?

Tiger and Brown snakes go swimming ocasionally but that's about it ... 

Tigers are vicious little s***s though - I believe they are one of the few snakes in the world  that will attack rather than run ... The prop makes a good weapon if it comes to that... ?

42 minutes ago, Punyelroo said:

Nah... Nothing with big teeth under there ... ?

Tiger and Brown snakes go swimming ocasionally but that's about it ... 

Tigers are vicious little s***s though - I believe they are one of the few snakes in the world  that will attack rather than run ... The prop makes a good weapon if it comes to that... ?

I Hate Snakes....:guns: