Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Red light at throttle burned out??

I have a 2002 WS VLX... at the end of last season I noticed that the light was never lite at period.  So at neutral or under 1200 rpm it was not lite.  Do these burn out over time? This a common issue?

Would like to take care of this soon than later when the season starts. 

Thank you fellas!

I've never seen the light burn out. When I did a search for the light on Skidim.com's site, it only comes up with the switch itself.

http://www.skidim.com/SWITCH-OIL-PRESSURE-DROP/productinfo/WAL49/

Might be worth a phone call to Skidim to ask about this. Maybe the switch or the wiring is the failure point.

My vdrive oil pressure warning light has never made a good connection at the bulb for the entire time I have owned the boat (13 yrs).  It will intermittently go out and I have to unscrew the red cover and jiggle the bulb to get it to come back on.  I also had a short behind the fixture for a while where the two leads would short to one another and pop the breaker.  Got that fixed with some electrical tape but the bulb still doesn't seat well in the fixture and sometimes loses connection even though the circuit is still powered and the bulb is still good....

• 2 months later...

My bulb housing was shorting out so I pulled the whole thing out of the cover and found an little 12 v red led light from auto zone in the trailer light section and zip tied the back of it so it doesn't slip thru the cover.  It is brighter and looks just as good as the 200$ Bakes replacement.  It is signifintly  cheaper if you buy the part direct from Walters. I fixed mine for under 10$ and will send some pics if you want.  With led you just have to get polarity right or it doesn't work.