Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OJ 948 or Acme 2247

bsacc

Trying to decide between an OJ 948 and Acme 2247...currently running an Acme 2419 and I need more top end.  My boat is a 22 MXZ with the LS3.  Any opinions/experience with these 2 props are welcome!

3 hours ago, BlackBluMalibu said:

It depends on your tranny ratio. What year boat or if you know, what ratio do you have? 

The boat is a 2014, not sure what tranny tho

Talk to the prop shops acme and oj... I personally would not go with Acme 2247 as I think it has too much cup and looses efficiency because of it.  If anything, I would recommend acme 2391 which is the 2247 with .075 cup.  Pitch increase from your 2419 to the 2391 (12 inches on 2419 to 14.25 inches on the 2391) will help lower rpms at cruise and still allow for good hole shot.  Best of luck! 

9 hours ago, Stevo said:

I "am" interested

It will be for sale.  It has about 95 hours on it and is in perfect condition.  No dings, dents, scratches etc

1 hour ago, BlackBluMalibu said:

Talk to the prop shops acme and oj... I personally would not go with Acme 2247 as I think it has too much cup and looses efficiency because of it.  If anything, I would recommend acme 2391 which is the 2247 with .075 cup.  Pitch increase from your 2419 to the 2391 (12 inches on 2419 to 14.25 inches on the 2391) will help lower rpms at cruise and still allow for good hole shot.  Best of luck! 

Thanks for the info!  I'll definitely look into this

9 hours ago, teamerickson said:

You gonna sell the 2419? I may be interested.

yep, will be selling the 2419

18 hours ago, bsacc said:

Bsac,

another option is the 2249, a little less cup than the 2247 but more than, basically it is a 1235 in a 15" prop.  I pulled this off my 15 MXZ after 15 hours.   If you are interested in this PM me.  This was too much prop for me.  I am using an OJ 15x15.5 now.

thanks, I'll call Acme tomorrow for recommendations and let you know something

Let's talk "cup" and what it does for me...do I want more or less "cup"? 

I spend more time at cruising speeds than I do surfing (kids tubing etc), LS3 450 engine.  I want good holeshot and decent top-end, so I'm just curious how the cup affects this. 

thx,

newb

I am not up to speed on new acme props but I am running the OJ 948 and it seems to be working well for us with 409.  I can surf at about 3200ish rpms.  With 948 at 36 mph I turn about 4800 rpms, never went wot to get full top speed with it.  What I really like about OJ is eric will let yoy run any of there props before you purchase.  His email is [email protected].

Edited by Fman