Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrade bugs

WakeGirl

1 hour ago, Fman said:

Is anyone else having problems when replying to a post my cursor gets sent to the quoted text box.  I can't reply below the quoted text box even if I try and move the cursor down to it.  I use Firefox for my browser.  Is it my phone not being set up properly?

Also can you tag someone in a post with the new software?

Seems to work fine on my phone - WP10 with edge browser.

1 hour ago, Fman said:

Is anyone else having problems when replying to a post my cursor gets sent to the quoted text box.  I can't reply below the quoted text box even if I try and move the cursor down to it.  I use Firefox for my browser.  Is it my phone not being set up properly?

Also can you tag someone in a post with the new software?

18 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Seems to work fine on my phone - WP10 with edge browser.

I think that I've run into this in the past, but can't replicate it right now on iOS in Safari. Try playing with opening up the reply box & hitting enter a couple of times before actually quoting the post. I think that I'd try some things around that.

Are there other FF users on mobile that can test this?

16 hours ago, WakeGirl said:

When you click on your profile, do you see the link to change the cover photo in the upper right corner as it is in this image?

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 8.44.21 PM.png

Now I see it.  That was not there yesterday. 

Thanks. 

How can I get to or navigate to different discussions from my mobile phone?  I find classifieds and latest content, but can't find the different discussion sections to save my life

This is the screen I get when I come to the site.  I had to scroll down and see this thread luckily

image.png

9 hours ago, wakebrdr94 said:

How can I get to or navigate to different discussions from my mobile phone?  I find classifieds and latest content, but can't find the different discussion sections to save my life

This is the screen I get when I come to the site.  I had to scroll down and see this thread luckily

image.png

The button at the top right is the "menu" button. The one with the 3 lines. Tap that then tap "browse" then "forums".

On February 24, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Deven said:

Crew discounts page in MIA.

Sorry, there is a problem

Cannot find the page you requested

Error code: 2T187/2

I just noticed this as well.  Went to look up what the crew discount at Earmark was and the page wouldn't load.

On a side note, does anyone remember the discount code for paid members that could PM it to me?  I'm wanting to place an order. 

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it by looking up my order history.

Edited by TheHardWay

Ok, looks like Firefox is not a good match for the new update.  I went to chrome and it seems to work better.

However, when I select new posts and then pick a topic it sends me to the first post of the thread.  I have to manually input the last page to see new posts.  Anyone else having this issue?

6 minutes ago, Fman said:

However, when I select new posts and then pick a topic it sends me to the first post of the thread.  I have to manually input the last page to see new posts.  Anyone else having this issue?

Are you clicking on the title or the little dot/star to the left of the title? The dot/star should take you to where you were last viewing the thread. Unless it's grey'd out, can't help you there.

I didn't read all 4 pages of this thread so sorry if it's been discussed. How dos you look up a member to send a pm?  I was able to find their name in a thread and click on them and send it that way but is there an easier way to search a member to PM?

22 hours ago, Fman said:

Ok, looks like Firefox is not a good match for the new update.  I went to chrome and it seems to work better.

It would be very nice to have a "first unread" button once you enter a thread.  It does go to the first unread if you click on the dot or star next to the topic before you enter the thread.

When trying to reply in a thread, it is populating the reply field with a previous response that contains the quote and my reply. It is only happening in one thread. I replied in another and didn't have that issue. I tried to quote and just reply. Same thing happened. 

Hopefully that makes sense. 

Edited by isellacuras

Back on the topic of the mobile nav options at the top, I don't like drilling down through the nav button, browse, forums to get to the forums.  It just seems odd the home page look for the mobile version is the latest classifieds, then recent status updates, then recent topics when scrolling down.   The first 2 I seldom use, but maybe I'm the minority.   I venture to say most of us are here to get to the forums and it'd be nice to get to them easier through the mobile version.  

Site speed continues to improve.   I barely notice the lags today compared to the old site.  

On 2/26/2016 at 10:04 PM, Pnwrider said:

Are you clicking on the title or the little dot/star to the left of the title? The dot/star should take you to where you were last viewing the thread. Unless it's grey'd out, can't help you there.

This did the trick, thanks...

On 2/24/2016 at 3:30 PM, Dare2goBare said:

Any reason why I can't change my notification for

" Someone comments on something I follow "  from email to notification list?

I am having the same issue here...  In the old system, we were able to have the site notify us inside the site when a response to a thread was made, not send out an email.  I would still like to have this feature but don't want an email each time this happens.

• Like 1

Something isn't working correctly for me.....  When viewing the site through Internet Explorer, it's a jumbled up mess. (See attached image.)  If I open it in Chrome, it appears to work correctly.  I don't have this problem with any of the other site or forums I frequent.  Any idea what's wrong? 

malibucrew.jpg

On February 26, 2016 at 0:19 AM, isellacuras said:

I didn't read all 4 pages of this thread so sorry if it's been discussed. How dos you look up a member to send a pm?  I was able to find their name in a thread and click on them and send it that way but is there an easier way to search a member to PM?

Are you trying to search for a member (because you don't know their name)? Or just not sure how to create a pm? 

On February 26, 2016 at 5:01 AM, ahopkinsTXi said:

Anyway we could get at "Go to top" button in PM threads?

I'll look into it, but right now I kind of doubt it.

On February 27, 2016 at 8:39 PM, RyanB said:

It would be very nice to have a "first unread" button once you enter a thread.  It does go to the first unread if you click on the dot or star next to the topic before you enter the thread.

This is on my list, but admittedly it's pretty far down in terms of priority.

On February 27, 2016 at 3:47 PM, isellacuras said:

When trying to reply in a thread, it is populating the reply field with a previous response that contains the quote and my reply. It is only happening in one thread. I replied in another and didn't have that issue. I tried to quote and just reply. Same thing happened. 

Hopefully that makes sense. 

Is this on mobile?

On February 28, 2016 at 8:45 PM, hethj7 said:

Back on the topic of the mobile nav options at the top, I don't like drilling down through the nav button, browse, forums to get to the forums.  It just seems odd the home page look for the mobile version is the latest classifieds, then recent status updates, then recent topics when scrolling down.   The first 2 I seldom use, but maybe I'm the minority.   I venture to say most of us are here to get to the forums and it'd be nice to get to them easier through the mobile version.  

Site speed continues to improve.   I barely notice the lags today compared to the old site.  

I personally am not satisfied with the nav bar either. Your description for how you have to get into the forums is exactly how I feel about it. I'll be playing with this over the next week or so in an effort to improve navigation efficiency. As far as the blocks on the home page & the order in which they show up, I'll see what I can do.

MalibuNation
18 hours ago, cwkoch said:

Something isn't working correctly for me.....  When viewing the site through Internet Explorer, it's a jumbled up mess. (See attached image.)  If I open it in Chrome, it appears to work correctly.  I don't have this problem with any of the other site or forums I frequent.  Any idea what's wrong? 

malibucrew.jpg

Is IE in Compatibility mode?  Try turning it Off of if it is On or vice versa.