Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrade bugs

WakeGirl

I'm running IE11 on my work computer, because we're not allowed to have anything newer, and a lot of the buttons seem to be not showing correctly.  For example, the Facebook and Twitter buttons on the top right of the page only show as colored boxes, no logos.  And when in a forum, not in a thread, looks like there are some buttons not showing correctly.  I can't tell exactly what's missing, but it's almost as if the site didn't finish loading in IE11.  Is that not a supported browser? 

7 minutes ago, jtrovato said:

I'm running IE11 on my work computer, because we're not allowed to have anything newer, and a lot of the buttons seem to be not showing correctly.  For example, the Facebook and Twitter buttons on the top right of the page only show as colored boxes, no logos.  And when in a forum, not in a thread, looks like there are some buttons not showing correctly.  I can't tell exactly what's missing, but it's almost as if the site didn't finish loading in IE11.  Is that not a supported browser? 

Could be things that are coming from places other than TMC & are restricted in your office network?

IE11 is loading those items fine for me at home.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
17 minutes ago, jtrovato said:

I'm running IE11 and do not see that.  More likely your work blocks facebook and twitter and the forum is using their URL for the images

22 hours ago, martinarcher said:

On the avatar pics being blurry, just reload your pic.  Mine was way over due since it was a more "landscape" pic than a square.  Uploading a new one took care of the fuzziness.

While you are at it you can add a cover photo (similar to Facebook) on your profile.  You can check out mine as an example.

Not seeing how to add a Cover Photo

1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

Anything you can do about the spacing in the signature blocks?  Looks like everything is double spaced, which results in even more scrolling.

I will add it to the list. I'm guessing that part of it is the bad formatting that is plaguing the site right now, part of it is how people have their signatures formatted in the first place, & then the spacing in general. Because the rebuild tasks have not finished, I'm a little reluctant to start tweaking on things like this until those tasks have completed, just so we can see how everything shakes out.

10 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

Not seeing how to add a Cover Photo

If you click on your name (upper right corner), then profile, on the next page you will see a cover photo link in the upper right corner. IIRC, it's pretty straightforward from there.

And I just want to say thank you to all of you that are helping to point people in the right direction or troubleshoot possible issues (the IE11 issue above is a good example). That really helps us out, a lot.

10 minutes ago, WakeGirl said:

I will add it to the list. I'm guessing that part of it is the bad formatting that is plaguing the site right now, part of it is how people have their signatures formatted in the first place, & then the spacing in general. Because the rebuild tasks have not finished, I'm a little reluctant to start tweaking on things like this until those tasks have completed, just so we can see how everything shakes out.

If you click on your name (upper right corner), then profile, on the next page you will see a cover photo link in the upper right corner. IIRC, it's pretty straightforward from there.

And I just want to say thank you to all of you that are helping to point people in the right direction or troubleshoot possible issues (the IE11 issue above is a good example). That really helps us out, a lot.

I see edit profile in the upper right corner, I see where you can edit your profile picture,   when I go into edit profile there is no cover photo.  I inserted a photo in their but it is just sitting in the box inside my profile.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
4 hours ago, WakeGirl said:

Is the formatting you are talking about the auto-double space? If it is I personally like it in the post, but agree it could be taken care of for signatures if it is possible to separate.

I am using the mobile version of safari. Things are still really slow and am I missing something on the home page to easily navigate to the forums?  Once I click newspaper icon next to the search icon, then a somewhat familiar icon pops up in the left corner allowing me to browse to forums. But on my initial visits to the homepage, I don't see a way to get to the forums easily. 

I am also still confused on how to see the first unread posts in threads. It is probably my fault.  Anyways, thanks for all the hard work you all do to keep this place running!

Nevermind. Re-reading this thread and playing around in the site more and I have my answers. 

Wow, new feature in that it merged my back to back posts. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, shenard said:

My speed is defintely getting a little better than it was yesterday.  Any update on when you think the search function will be back and functioning properly?

Sorry, no idea at this point. It still has a looooooong way to go with its rebuild.

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Is the formatting you are talking about the auto-double space? If it is I personally like it in the post, but agree it could be taken care of for signatures if it is possible to separate.

Yeah, it looks like there is some padding that's adding to each line in the sigs. I think that could be adjusted per user, but that's up to personal preference.

3 hours ago, Dare2goBare said:

Am I missing something here? Where's are the friends list we use to have? :dontknow:

Friends were eliminated in this version apparently. Please don't shoot the messenger. :tomato:

31 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I am using the mobile version of safari. Things are still really slow and am I missing something on the home page to easily navigate to the forums?  Once I click newspaper icon next to the search icon, then a somewhat familiar icon pops up in the left corner allowing me to browse to forums. But on my initial visits to the homepage, I don't see a way to get to the forums easily. 

I am also still confused on how to see the first unread posts in threads. It is probably my fault.  Anyways, thanks for all the hard work you all do to keep this place running!

Nevermind. Re-reading this thread and playing around in the site more and I have my answers. 

Wow, new feature in that it merged my back to back posts. 

I'm considering playing with the nav bar structure. I'd like to hear from others on this because I personally don't find it to be terribly efficient to navigate the site from there, particularly on mobile. I can do some testing on the dev site to see if I can come up with something better. Some feedback on that would be helpful.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, WakeGirl said:

Sorry, no idea at this point. It still has a looooooong way to go with its rebuild.

Yeah, it looks like there is some padding that's adding to each line in the sigs. I think that could be adjusted per user, but that's up to personal preference.

Friends were eliminated in this version apparently. Please don't shoot the messenger. :tomato:

I'm considering playing with the nav bar structure. I'd like to hear from others on this because I personally don't find it to be terribly efficient to navigate the site from there, particularly on mobile. I can do some testing on the dev site to see if I can come up with something better. Some feedback on that would be helpful.

Having a view new contact option on the nav bar would be great. It's the option I used the most on the previous mobile site. Now it's a currently lengthy process unless anyone has tips for a faster way to get there. Current path: activity>my active streams>unread content. 

Edit: I'm referring to mobile platform as 99% of the time that's how I access the site.

Edited by Pnwrider
2 minutes ago, WakeGirl said:

Since you brought up the mobile look, I'll go ahead and repeat again that I hate all mobile skins.  You told us that this software now uses a one-size-fits-all skin, but the display is definitely different on mobile than it is on desktop.  It also refuses a request from Chrome on my S5 to let me have the desktop site.  I'd be happy if I could just ignore the mobile look altogether.

8 hours ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

I see edit profile in the upper right corner, I see where you can edit your profile picture,   when I go into edit profile there is no cover photo.  I inserted a photo in their but it is just sitting in the box inside my profile.

When you click on your profile, do you see the link to change the cover photo in the upper right corner as it is in this image?

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 8.44.21 PM.png

23 minutes ago, WakeGirl said:

When you click on your profile, do you see the link to change the cover photo in the upper right corner as it is in this image?

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 8.44.21 PM.png

I now see the "Cover Photo"  link in my profile.

33 minutes ago, justgary said:

Since you brought up the mobile look, I'll go ahead and repeat again that I hate all mobile skins.  You told us that this software now uses a one-size-fits-all skin, but the display is definitely different on mobile than it is on desktop.  It also refuses a request from Chrome on my S5 to let me have the desktop site.  I'd be happy if I could just ignore the mobile look altogether.

Gary, you don't seem to understand. This is how it is going to be going forward. The default Invision skin is responsive, it's what they designed the software around. This isn't something that we just decided to spring on you, it's how the software comes bundled. Unless we wanted to move to a different platform & deal with all of the problems that would come with it (which is a pandora's box that it would take far more for me to consider opening), a non-responsive skin IS NOT AN OPTION. It wouldn't be even if I wanted to make it so.

And frankly, responsive web design is the trend. You will likely need to get used to it. Sorry, but that's just how it is.

6 minutes ago, Dare2goBare said:

I now see the "Cover Photo"  link in my profile.

The option is enabled for Supporters & Chiefs.

3 minutes ago, WakeGirl said:

Gary, you don't seem to understand. This is how it is going to be going forward. The default Invision skin is responsive, it's what they designed the software around. This isn't something that we just decided to spring on you, it's how the software comes bundled. Unless we wanted to move to a different platform & deal with all of the problems that would come with it (which is a pandora's box that it would take far more for me to consider opening), a non-responsive skin IS NOT AN OPTION. It wouldn't be even if I wanted to make it so.

And frankly, responsive web design is the trend. You will likely need to get used to it. Sorry, but that's just how it is.

Hmmmm.  Please give me just a little credit on what I might understand, but a "responsive" skin that ignores a request to pretend that I am on a desktop (which it clearly knows how to do) is not "responsive," it is "unresponsive."  "Responsive" is not a good adjective to use in this case.

ahopkins22LSV
6 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Having a view new contact option on the nav bar would be great. It's the option I used the most on the previous mobile site. Now it's a currently lengthy process unless anyone has tips for a faster way to get there. Current path: activity>my active streams>unread content. 

Edit: I'm referring to mobile platform as 99% of the time that's how I access the site.

You shouldn't have to do that. There is an unread content button at the top of the mobile skin right next to the search icon. In the black tool bar. It's a newspaper maybe?

image.jpeg

Oh, also. I love that you can upload quick files in mobile now!

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
9 hours ago, justgary said:

Hmmmm.  Please give me just a little credit on what I might understand, but a "responsive" skin that ignores a request to pretend that I am on a desktop (which it clearly knows how to do) is not "responsive," it is "unresponsive."  "Responsive" is not a good adjective to use in this case.

responsive design adjusts based on screen size. There is no desktop mode to request, you would have to fool it into thinking you have more screen available. After having just done some collaboration software evaluations at work, this is one of the less offensive responsive design sites I've seen. I too prefer a mobile/desktop skin rather than responsive design, and maybe the industry will hop back off this trend in the future.

To verify this, size your desktop browser down to about phone size and notice that things like signatures disappear and other screen elements change or are removed based on the limited screen space

Edited by oldjeep

Is anyone else having problems when replying to a post my cursor gets sent to the quoted text box.  I can't reply below the quoted text box even if I try and move the cursor down to it.  I use Firefox for my browser.  Is it my phone not being set up properly?

Also can you tag someone in a post with the new software?