Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrade bugs

WakeGirl

ahopkins22LSV
6 minutes ago, WakeGirl said:

Signatures should be back now. I've also enabled Gravatar support (not sure if it was there before, but it appeared to be disabled).

There is a link to the Boat House in the nav bar up above. I'll see about getting a link back into our profiles in topic view.

Cool, thank you!

The mobile site looks good too. Much better then the old skin on Chrome mobile. Not sure about other mobile browsers but, now with the "Go To Top" button eliminates most of the scrolling on mobile IMO.

As others have said thank you to all the Mods who put so much of their time and effort into this site. It is one of, if not the best functioning, organized, and informative forums that I am apart of.

It will be like this for some time. There are rebuild tasks that are running that are part of the upgrade that will take some time to complete, possibly (actually probably, based on the progression that I'm seeing) several days. And then the caches need to build up with good data. So it will likely be some time before we'll see an improvement in performance. Nothing to be done about it except to wait for it to complete, unfortunately.

TMC moderators, thanks for the effort you put into this site.  I do not see a "new post" tab under the forums, maybe I am missing it?  or is now the "unread messages" that replaced it?  I also get an error message when I log into the site saying "cant find the page you requested".  Not sure if this is on my end or the new software update?

Edited by Fman

Fman, if the page that you went to when you were prompted to log in was a bookmark, you may want to reset it. The site structure is different & bookmarks are going to be hosed up. I'm guessing that that's what happened, but can't be sure.

• Like 2

On the avatar pics being blurry, just reload your pic.  Mine was way over due since it was a more "landscape" pic than a square.  Uploading a new one took care of the fuzziness.

While you are at it you can add a cover photo (similar to Facebook) on your profile.  You can check out mine as an example.

7 minutes ago, martinarcher said:

On the avatar pics being blurry, just reload your pic.  Mine was way over due since it was a more "landscape" pic than a square.  Uploading a new one took care of the fuzziness.

While you are at it you can add a cover photo (similar to Facebook) on your profile.  You can check out mine as an example.

Also, because rebuild tasks are in process, all of this may get fixed once they complete. One of those tasks is to rebuild all attachment thumbnails (that includes avatars).

What would be really nice is for the star and circle to be active even if they are ghosted.  In other words, they should always take you to the last post if you have read up to the last post. 

35 minutes ago, WakeGirl said:

Unfortunately that has never been a feature of this software.

Yeah, I understand, but it is frustrating thinking of a smart retort after checking another forum, then going back and having to scroll to the end to read the last post again to make sure the retort actually is smart. 

I understand, believe me I do. But that's the kind of thing that I'm just not willing to custom code, & then try & maintain. If I can find a plugin or hook that would do it, I'll take a close look at it. But frankly, I've never seen one nor have I seen any requests for anything like it on the customer forums.

You can get to the bottom of any thread at any time by clicking the date under the last responder on the right.

14 hours ago, martinarcher said:

thought i'd reload the avatar and throw in that cover photo you mentioned.

crawled/edited my profile and account settings.  i'm just not smart enough to sort out either the avatar or cover photo process.

while i didn't expect to gain much assistance, given that the last ips versions' help was not much use, but i can't find a link to the board's 'help' topics/pages.

went so far as to search invision power services web site for some assist.  nope.

all of the above is likely my bad; i seem to get more dazed and confused by the day.

11 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

You have to click the round dot or the star to the left of the title. 

thanks.  i knew that.  my 'remembery' sucks (but i keep forgetting that).

14 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

You have to click the round dot or the star to the left of the title. 

Thanks.  That didn't seem to be working on my iPad before.  It does work now.

So, once you open a thread is there a way?  There used to be a link "first unread" or something like that.  I don't seem to see it now.

17 hours ago, WakeGirl said:

Fman, if the page that you went to when you were prompted to log in was a bookmark, you may want to reset it. The site structure is different & bookmarks are going to be hosed up. I'm guessing that that's what happened, but can't be sure.     Got the error figured out, however when I reply to a post on my phone it will not allow me to post below the quoted text.  It keeps pushing my reply cursor back into the quote box.

Is recent posts showing all new posts? This new set up makes me feel like I got kicked out the conversation.  I can still see it happening. I just don't have any idea what's going on.

Edited by KeepingupwiththeJones
4 hours ago, tvano said:

thought i'd reload the avatar and throw in that cover photo you mentioned.

crawled/edited my profile and account settings.  i'm just not smart enough to sort out either the avatar or cover photo process.

while i didn't expect to gain much assistance, given that the last ips versions' help was not much use, but i can't find a link to the board's 'help' topics/pages.

went so far as to search invision power services web site for some assist.  nope.

all of the above is likely my bad; i seem to get more dazed and confused by the day.

thanks.  i knew that.  my 'remembery' sucks (but i keep forgetting that).

Invision chose to provide no help files with this version, and frankly I'm at a loss for any kind of explanation on that one. Even a very basic system that we could build from would have been nice. We'll have to grow that as we need it. In fact I'd say that anyone that wants to volunteer to help with that would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2