Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

22 MXZ Hi Flo Plug and play ballast bags

04 VLX WINDERMERE UK

Hi

I am considering getting the new 700lbs Ronix Eight.3 tapered bags for our 2013 MXZ for the Hi flo plug and play lines in the rear lockers.

https://www.wakemakers.com/eight-3-plug-n-play-ctn-700.html

My question is:- There is only one connection on the top of the bag which it lists as Fill/Vent, other installations I have seen have had a manual vent on the second connection. Will this be a problem or will we be for ever having to remove the quick connector to let air out? how much air gets in and is it a problem?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know to much about the Ronix  bags! personally I have previously used the Fly high pro x bags with great success on my 08 VLX. the fly high bags come standard with a quick release fill and separate vent at the top with a separate drain at bottom. I used their quick connect fittings and plugged the factory fill pump into the top of the bag, gravity fed the bags drain port into the hard tank connect and retained the standard hard tank vent! worked a treat out on the water, just needed to unplug the connectors when I got home to manually drain the last gallon left in the bag.

I intend to use the same setup and bags on our new MXZ except that I will switch the bags around and run hose towards the stern to help with the gravity feed when draining.

its not a perfect setup but its easy to setup and use, I also made up an adaptor where i could remove the bag and reconnect the factory ballast if I had extra people coming out and needed the extra storage instead of the ballast. 

the attached might make it clearer!

Axis Ballast Systems Rear.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Shodan01 said:

I used to get a ton of air in my 22MXZ.  With the drain line up top, you will just have to burp the bags.

+1. You can add a vent line by tying into the tank vent lines for about $30 in parts and an hour or less of your time. I just did it a couple weeks ago after manually venting the rear bags EVERY time we used the boat last year, it gets old fast.