Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transom saver

Malibu Jordy

• 3 years later...

Just wanted to bump this thread... I'm looking for a transom pad and would really like to get an official TMC version. So far, the only one I can find out there thats is a strap-on style is at Bake's for $60... https://www.bakesonline.com/transom-protector-all-black-no-logo.html It'll probably work but is just plain black.

Also, what's up with the "STORE" page being totally empty? no more swag for the Malibu Crew?

We haven't had those Transom Pads in Quite a while. I can look into getting them if there's enough interest in them.

Currently I am dealing with the 3rd graphics designer in the last few months to update the TMC design. As soon as I can get one to listen to what I want and what I am asking for, I'll get the store back up and stocked with several items we used to have and a few new ones as well. Waiting on the graphics guy.....

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

Ronnie if you are going to do this, get stick on ones from gatorstep, not the snap together fabric thing.

What's wrong with the fabric ones?  I am on my 5th season with it and it is holding up well.  

5 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

What's wrong with the fabric ones?  I am on my 5th season with it and it is holding up well.  

PITA.  A big piece of gatorstep stays there and takes zero effort to deal with once installed.  It also looks a million percent nicer.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

PITA.  A big piece of gatorstep stays there and takes zero effort to deal with once installed.  It also looks a million percent nicer.

Any examples pics?  I haven't seen a transom saver made from EVA foam.

6 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Ronnie if you are going to do this, get stick on ones from gatorstep, not the snap together fabric thing.

That would require a lot of different patterns to cover all the boats. My transom on my ‘19 doesn’t have many flat areas and it does have several emblems. 

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

That would require a lot of different patterns to cover all the boats. My transom on my ‘19 doesn’t have many flat areas and it does have several emblems. 

You are right. Gatorstep seems to be able to develop patterns for floors and gunnels and such across different boats...

• 1 year later...
On 7/24/2019 at 3:50 PM, Ronnie said:

We haven't had those Transom Pads in Quite a while. I can look into getting them if there's enough interest in them.

Currently I am dealing with the 3rd graphics designer in the last few months to update the TMC design. As soon as I can get one to listen to what I want and what I am asking for, I'll get the store back up and stocked with several items we used to have and a few new ones as well. Waiting on the graphics guy.....

I had the TMC transom pad way back in the day and would love a new one.  Will this happen over the winter. I bet we could get a group buy on it. I just got a new boat and first thing I did was look for the Pad in the store and couldn't even find the store. 

Edited by Bradley Thornton
2 hours ago, Bradley Thornton said:

I had the TMC transom pad way back in the day and would love a new one.  Will this happen over the winter. I bet we could get a group buy on it. I just got a new boat and first thing I did was look for the Pad in the store and couldn't even find the store. 

This is what those pads look like on a 2019 25LSV. The thing is, these boat's transoms are different depending on the model. That means I need to make several different styles, keep them in stock, hoping they sell and making ~$10 on each one. Hardly worth me putting out the $$ hoping I don't have a closet full of them next year now with so many different styles. Back when we made these, one size fit all.

I talked to Gatorstep, I was quoted ~$150 with no logo, close to $200 with our logo. How many do you think would sell for that price? Malibu has 4 colors on their platform now. They supply their own product now along with Cobalt. The colors are a shade different from what is available by retail. So I need to stock 4 colors, to fit each boat transom. This is adding up ($$) real quick. I would say to contact Seadek or Gatorstep to have one made.

image.png

2 hours ago, Bradley Thornton said:

PM me, I think I have two of them. I know the one I have has only been used once or so.   I could let it go for a six pack and shipping cost.  Boz

• Thanks 1
On 7/24/2019 at 4:47 PM, shawndoggy said:

I know this is an old thread - but on my list is to get a stick on transom pad when I replace the one on the swim deck.  Got a couple of people who just can't seem to stop sitting on the hatches when putting on boards.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

This is what those pads look like on a 2019 25LSV. The thing is, these boat's transoms are different depending on the model. That means I need to make several different styles, keep them in stock, hoping they sell and making ~$10 on each one. Hardly worth me putting out the $$ hoping I don't have a closet full of them next year now with so many different styles. Back when we made these, one size fit all.

I talked to Gatorstep, I was quoted ~$150 with no logo, close to $200 with our logo. How many do you think would sell for that price? Malibu has 4 colors on their platform now. They supply their own product now along with Cobalt. The colors are a shade different from what is available by retail. So I need to stock 4 colors, to fit each boat transom. This is adding up ($$) real quick. I would say to contact Seadek or Gatorstep to have one made.

image.png

I would think being Bakes is the only place to buy one if we had just a one size fits all like them with just the logo it would sell. But maybe I'm wrong. Yes at $200 thats crazy being Bakes sells it at $60 with no logo. I was thinking like $100-$120 with logo. 

https://www.bakesonline.com/transom-protector-all-black-no-logo.html

I also love the idea of Gatorstep stick on transom pad. This pic is next level cool

IMG_7077.thumb.JPG.4c426907c56d93d59f994c8b9ae252e4.JPG

Edited by Bradley Thornton

That pic is the old style that we had when the grab handle was above the rub rail. When they moved the handle below the rub rail, I think we had some that had a slit cut to allow the grab handle to stick through so it didn’t bunch up under the handle like on the 25LSV pic I posted. 
I think the Gator Step or Seadek would be better. Mason from Gator Step might be a resource to use. 

image.jpeg