Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Settings- service mode surf gate maintenance

Hey guys

It's peak season for us at the moment and having a great summer.

Had my first malfunction today one surf gate decided to stop going out , l have read all topics to get it re calibrated but can not find the "settings" service mode and surf gate maintenance to test it on the trailer any help would be appreciated.

Boat is a 2013 VLX

Cheers

I don't have pictures to share (at the moment), but you could call Malibu and ask to speak to technical support. The tech support team will be more than willing to help you... Here's the contact info page:

https://www.malibuboats.com.au/content/contact-us

The phone number for the factory in Albury NSW is (02) 6040 1174

I just looked in the 2013 manual and there is a section on Surf Gate calibration, it starts on page 2-9, .pdf page #33

Here's a link to the manual:

http://www.malibuboats.com/assets/files/owner_manuals/2013MalibuOwnersManualPrintVersion.pdf

Edited by mikeo

Thanks mikeo

I have all that info and there's nothing about "service mode" in there,

I'm starting to think that l need a maliveiw upgrade l have never had it done since new and it was one of the first surf gate boats over here. It's now the weekend here and no factory or service guys available and just thought the crew might have some answers.

Cheers

There was a SG calibration in 2013, but the "service mode" was not added until 2014. Someone here or a dealer can probably walk you through jumping them to extend gate for testing.

Thank you it's good to know I can not find it because it is not there (and I'm not going crazy)

Ended up putting the boat back in the water last night to test , I did all calibrations including rest factory settings (lost all my presets) checked all fuses and connections and have come to the conclusion that the port ram is bugged (it's the one we use most ) looks like our backhand surfing is going to get a workout until a new one arrives.

Cheers

My guess, being someone who went though this last year. It probably is not the port ram, but more likely the actuator. They tend to be a little fragile. They are not a complete sealed unit, I know you think that being a boat it would, but nope. Anyways I would look there first.

good luck

Hey guys

A quick update. Thanks to Rob at GRE Marine the part arrived the day after we spoke on the phone and I fitted it that night all works again without losing any surf time.

I also rang Simon at Malibu factory Albury who gave me a great way to cycle the gates for testing on the trailer by using a air blower to spin the paddle wheel (so simple) turn ignition on and select a gate then spin paddle wheel with blower between 7 and 15 mph. Only needed on early 2013 surf gate models without "Service Mode"

Cheers

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2016 at 10:43 AM, DarkKnight said:

My guess, being someone who went though this last year. It probably is not the port ram, but more likely the actuator. They tend to be a little fragile. They are not a complete sealed unit, I know you think that being a boat it would, but nope. Anyways I would look there first.

good luck

can you tell us what happened on yours? symptoms? and what action you took to remedy?