Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Advice on how best to upgrade system

MystiikVLX

I have an Axis T23 that came stock with the following:

one pair Wetsounds 410 tower speakers

3 pair of Wetsounds xs650 in cabin

one sub Wetsounds xs10FA

They are powered by

Syn 6

Syn 4

I'm an not near boat and I'm not sure how the speakers are currently wired but my question is "

Would different amps make a improvement in sound?

Would the ws420 sound better or just improve control?

The sub is the weakest point. A decent 12 in a sealed (or ported) box on the Syn 6's power is the easiest true upgrade. You could probably do that for $400 or less and it'd be a very noticeable difference.

420 can kinda improve sound but mostly look at it as a control device.

WS-420 = yes and yes

Other then that, I would first want to revisit the tuning, which I would do anyway with the addition of a WS-420. Especially the head-unit settings like the loud or loudness needs to be off and turn the eq to off and flat the bass and treble. next, check the eq setting in your source unit.

Are you lacking volume from the tower or in-boats? Weak bass? Tuned right, it would take a considerable amount of power increase to make an audible difference. Poor bass could be due to having an IB woofer mounted to a thin plastic filler that flexes and leaks around the edges. I would hold off on wholesale gear swaps until you know what you have it done to its optimal setting.

I totally agree with the above points made by skyskier and MLA. Shawn's comments about the subwoofer are also accurate.

Before looking at new equipment, try to form a detailed opinion of exactly how your expectations differ from what you are getting now.

Then look deeper into the existing system installation & execution to determine how much of the weakness is equipment and how much is the equipment not being permitted to perform up to its potential.

You have all good equipment now with the exception of the subwoofer is likely put to task in the wrong application. So you want to go forward with a plan that allows you to use as much of the existing gear as possible.

There may be a way to reconfigure the Syn6 to get a little more output from the six in-boat coaxials.