Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

malibu vlx 2010 seadek interior *help*

wolfsburg04

I was wondering if anyone already did the change for glued carpet to seadek interior

I would only do the seating part of the boat and would let the carpet on the side

My carpet still looks good but I think it will refresh the boat a bit and could give a plus value for the sale

Is the glued carpet a pita to remove ?

How much should I invest for a good quality product?

what's the best thickness?

I want the same look

thank you

Malibu_WAKESETTER-23-LSV_SeaDek_001-1024

Edited by wolfsburg04

First recommendation I would make is to not use SeaDek. Use Gator Step. It's the same type product except from a company with 100x better customer service. Seadek is a terrible company to work with and they take forever to get stuff done.

Other than that, I am no help.

I am doing mine right now and yes it is a LOT of work. I bought the sheet material because my budget wouldn't allow for the custom cut sheets. I will be doing a write up on how I did it when I finish. Hopefully I'll find some time to finish it up in the next few days. The easiest way to do it would be to just pull the interior and put the seadek everywhere where there is carpet that way you wouldn't have to spend hours cleaning the adhesive off with acetone.

Another recommendation - do everything, even in the compartments. I pulled the carpet off the backside of the seat bottoms and the floor in the rear compartments by the v-drive. WD-40 works wonders for removing the adhesive on parts you want to leave raw plastic. DO NOT use WD-40 on your floors or anything you want adhesive or any other coating to stick later.

I can't comment on SeaDek but because I had heard of the questionable customer service and very lengthy wait times, I decided to try Gatorstep. They have been very responsive to emails and easy to get in touch with over the phone. I will be ordering from them soon. I would at least look into the Gatorstep.

Edited by Simo

I used SeaDek for my flooring in my X23 last year. It took them 5 months to get my patterns entered, confirmed, and produced. It was a good thing I started the process in November. They were very unresponsive to emails and questions, and we're not helpful at all with any logos, patterns, or process questions. Nobody ever knew anything about my project, and would simply tell me they would check in to it and let me know. Weeks would go by without ever hearing back, until they were good and ready to move on to the next step. At which time, no mention of anything I had ever asked about was addressed.

Decided to try gator step this time for some custom pieces for my G23. The very day that they received my patterns they called me. 2 hours later the patterns were digitized and they generated a final price quote. I emailed back and an hour later I had an invoice. I paid the invoice, and all of my pieces were produced within a week. 3 days after that, I was installing them. Less than 2 weeks, start to finish. It blew my mind.