Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Roush 575 and Fuel Octane

Shodan01

Ok i was in the same "boat" all marinas on lake only sell 89 and i have the LSA . the marinas will fudge if you pull up and ask if they have 91 they say nooo but our 89 is often higher....seriously?? so i've never decided to risk it.. plus its hwy robbery.

pouring gas into the boat is no fun, but i must say i looked everywhere for a powered way to fill gas and well its like 4-5k if you dont want to risk blowing yourself up....another reason a TD would be nice in these boats it would only be $20 12v pump and your filled up in a few mins, but with gas i guess you may get a spark and a big boom.

well i FOUND the Best solution and the best darn 20 bucks i've ever spent on a boating accessory is this Siphon from NT its not the wimpy 1/2in or 3/4in jobs. This thing will empty a 5gal can in LESS than 30 seconds..No Joke ive timed it at 26-27 seconds for fun many times. i did not believe it until i saw it now every single person who has seen me use it now owns one... boating sites would sell a ton of these but there is no boating sites that sell this large of one to my past searching. The biggest problem is you jiggle it then it starts going down so fast you have to watch it so you an tilt your can when it gets near the end so it all sucks out. I thought it would leave a bunch in the can but it hardly leaves a few drops....

the worst part for me is carrying the tanks down the hill, i purchased one of those big wheel carts from NT loaded it up with 8 5-gal cans and started down the hill only to realize i couldn't keep my footing and ended up being dragged down the hill...so i'm still stuck carrying 2 at a time one in each arm for now.

link to the BEST Siphon ever! Get this thing and you will no longer complain about the FILLING TIME at least.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200639248_200639248?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Fuel%20Transfer%20%2B%20Lubrication%20%3E%20Hoses%20%2B%20Accessories&utm_campaign=FlowPro&utm_content=46662&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=46662&gclid=CjwKEAiAuea1BRCbn-2n7PbLgEMSJAABQvTT1QdIUiBkI4RuIOOiZcRVBFowwmaRWIv-Mf1BLunj2xoCw0Tw_wcB

^^^^ literally just bought this thing last week, obviously not boating season but I just had to try it out so I filled my sink and emptied into a 5 gallon bucket lol it's no joke once it gets going it drains very fast

Could be because of timing/fuel differences in the engine mapping.

I've checked both, they are very conservative. Air/Fuel is always way rich and under load, and the MEFI only adds 20 degrees timing, so if you set it per spec (10 degree before in service mode) you only end up with 30 degrees. Mine's set to 15 while in service mode.

I've checked both, they are very conservative. Air/Fuel is always way rich and under load, and the MEFI only adds 20 degrees timing, so if you set it per spec (10 degree before in service mode) you only end up with 30 degrees. Mine's set to 15 while in service mode.

"Only?" What engine was this and where exactly in the map was this 30 degree timing? 30 degrees BTDC at peak torque (peak VE) on a forced induction pump gas engine is actually pretty aggressive timing. By contrast 30 degrees during light load cruising is just fine.

After much deliberation, Ill likely fill with 91 for full tank, or take 30 gallons of 93 with me to start the weekend off and mix with 89 if I need to go to the closer station. Either way, Im going to love the Torque change from my 350 (which was a great motor and I am not a hater of).

Thanks for posting that link!