Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wet Sounds Head Unit - Update

jslipher

Early this fall there were some posts describing the new head unit Wet Sounds would be coming out with. I haven't heard anything more on this. Does anyone have any updates on when this could be released? I thought we may be hearing more from the boat shows.

Late Spring, maybe April to May delivery would be the best estimate at this time. And that estimate is subject to change.

Wetsounds has a history of getting things right the first time so with beta testing on a new category on something as complex as this, it rarely goes as quickly as the manufacturer would like.

I understand testing and manufacturing takes time. But for a marine / summer toy audio company it's quite frustrating when they seem to release their new stuff right at or even after memorial day.

Give us at least a few months.

I have called a few times and have only gotten a hint of first quarter but I was told that about their wireless linking system last year also.

There's a little more to it sometimes. The R&D for a new and complex product like this is monumental. It probably wouldn't be a reality on end user consumer sales alone. They need the OEM orders to subsidize the product for which the consumer benefits. So as much as they would like to deliver according to the Spring season and retail cycle, it is the new boat production cycle, which is a little later in the year, that makes this possible.