Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Folding Swim Deck / Platform

wahnamch

Our 2004 Wakesetter DD is going to be collected in the next few weeks. We are concerned about the length (for storage) and know we can remove the platform if needed. However, has anyone added folding brackets so the platform can be folded up rather than removed? If so, some pics and/or information about where to source such brackets would be much appreciated.

I'm gonna be making some brackets for my platform in the next bit, that will allow it to both pivot up or be removed. My plan is to use to pieces of stainless square tube, one that fits inside the other. Cut one side off on the bigger one, then bolt it to the transom, bolt the smaller one to existing mounts, drill a top and bottom hole through both, insert bolts or pins and BAM, removable or pivoting platform. I'll post pics when it's done.

Thanks for the replies, folks. We do have the wedge but that's the only thing I can imagine getting in the way. I guess I could swing that down when the platform is to be swung up-

2014Skier -- very interested to see the pics :)

skyskier -- do you have any info where I could source those brackets?