Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'96 Response LX, 320hp monsoon performance?

GaryB

Looking for some data.

Looking for a open bow skiing, footing boat that has a little room for the family.

Expected top speed?

Best upgrade prop? Acme 13x12?

How does it foot compared to a sportster?

Any common problems that need addressed?

Thanks,

Gary

@GaryB: the resources section on this site will answer most questions, the moderators have done an excellent job in making lots of info available. As for footing, the Sportster is slightly better with more pronounced wake definition and slightly harder table. The Acme 515 is the standard prop upgrade and you can see that transition also looking through the resource section at newer RLX data.

@GaryB: the Response (SV23) hull is an excellent choice for the combination of barefooting and slalom, IMO probably the best available for that combination. The Acme 515 might be a bit closer to 100RPM:1mph with just a bit of extra slip at WOT. Top speed you note is pretty close, I have seen RLX's pull a bit more than 47 but that is close. 5k rpm seems about the max seen.

My 99 Sunsetter LX runs almost identical to my buddy's 04 Response LX. Both are ~50 MPH boats on the right day, and the wakes are very similar. Footing at 44 is no problem provided you don't have the boat loaded with people.