Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Custom made tower racks? Need kneeboard/surf combo and double pair skis combo

NMMalibuFamily

We recently moved fro, I/O boat with a huge subfloor area to store gear. With kids, we essentially have multiples of everything wakeboards, skis, wakeskates (Adult & Junior).

The 23LSV we bought has two wakeboard (double) racks with spinners. The Illusion XS tower has two more places to add racks.

I'm trying to find a spinner rack combo for a kneeboard/surfboard and another rack that would hold two pairs of skis. Am I just out of luck because I haven't found these possible combos on traditional sites or is there some place that you can have custom made racks?

I've looked up Bakes, Samson, Wake Makers and other sites I have seen in various threads. I can't seem to find these combos.

I'm not a fan of using the storage in the boat for these items since I already feel like the storage is consumed with piggy ballasts and not leaving as much storage as we have been used to.

Also, I'm kinda OCD and would really prefer to match our current racks shown.

post-31067-0-23807400-1454033545_thumb.j

Samson makes their own stuff, so they have the ability to fabricate whatever they want. Same with Skyski. I would start there, even if it is just having them make the forks for a standard rack. Also, have you seen the pockets sewn into the newer biminis? Kneeboards and surfboards can go up there with a little sewing.

• Like 1

with the illusion x tho, unless your current racks are already "tops", adding bottom spinners will mean that the racks will almost certainly interfere. As in you can't put a wakeboard in the lower fork of the top rack and the upper fork of the bottom rack because the boots will touch.

For stuff like surfboards and kneeboards, I'd strongly suggest getting pockets sewn into your bimini for that purpose. It's less expensive (probably 2-400 for two pockets depending on what you and your canvas guy decide to do) and it works really well.

• Like 1

Board Pocket on the Bimini are great, had a buddies wife sew one onto my bimini. $20 in Fabric from Wally World and some beer (we always have the beer anyway). :cheers:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...