Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Installing a ZLD with a full factory system

endostrat

Gentleman-

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but I haven't been able to find a definite yes/no about this, and I would like to hear from you all. My biggest frustration with the stereo system has been the difficulty in adjusting volume for cabin vs. tower speakers.

I have read that a ZLD will make that a snap. My only concern is how do I integrate it with what I have, and still maintain the functionality of the stock system and the "black box"?

It doesn't seem very hard to do, but then again what do I know.

Thanks in advance

You first disconnect the outputs from the black box from all of your amps.

Then you pick either front or rear output from the black box and run it to the input of the ZLD.

Finally, you run the cabin, tower, and sub outputs from the ZLD to your cabin, tower, and sub amps.

voila.

Endo - When you get your ZLD, give the Exile office a ring and they can walk you thru the setup, wiring, fusing, and tuning of the EQ. Or shoot me a PM and i can assist. Cheers - Brian

• Like 2