Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Big Props to Performance Boat Candy

Rmack

I have been using Speed Gloss for about 2 years and I know we've done a few group buys with them and wanted to shot out and say "great job" on customer service.

I just ordered a bunch or product for winter detailing and requested they contact me to answer questions. The person that called me was awesome and answered all my questions and took time to go over the products that I was not familiar with using.

Thanks

• Like 2

I started using this a few years ago and will never use anything else! And what is so cool about this company they give us Boat candy for everyone of our boats that participate in our Wake the World Oregon Event, And we are not talking a few bottles either. In 2015 we had 43 Boats for our event, 10556526_10203942371107074_6355351667261WTW%20Candy%20007_zps16x4nkhn.jpg

I tried to order a gallon of the seat conditioner but sadly they don't offer that size.. :cry: The stuff is fantastic!!

I wax my boat once in the spring and use speed gloss all summer and she looks Fantastic!

Buddy has hot sauce and smells like ladys feminine products (so i have been told) speed gloss smells like candy apple heaven.

But both work well.

The buddy or the hot sauce smells? :rofl:

• Like 2

Anyone have thoughts on speed gloss vs hot sauce?

I did my own personal test, I really wanted something that works great, My testing ground or Lake was Down at Shasta lake, My test subject...Black boat, I have always dreaded coming down to CA only to have to buff my boat out when I got back, So for the last 2 years I have tried both and for me the Speed gloss really worked better then the hot sauce, But to be honest neither one got the hard water spots off completely or at least to my standards, Black is your worst case scenario, You could not see anything on the white and Silver metal Flake, So for most non Black boats they probably perform fairly similar, I just think the Speed gloss works better for Black and go's on easier and a better shine!

It seemed to me the Hot Sauce was more aggressive on water spots, but not as good on the overall finish and feel. I usually start with the Hot Sauce and do a once over with Speed Gloss.

Who has the Gallons of Speed Gloss on sale?

I am like others, I have used both Hot Sauce and Speed Gloss and have ultimately switched to Speed Gloss for the exterior but I still use the Vinyl and Condition Sauce for my interior. The smooth finish of Speed Gloss is what does it for me.

• Like 1

I did my own personal test, I really wanted something that works great, My testing ground or Lake was Down at Shasta lake, My test subject...Black boat, I have always dreaded coming down to CA only to have to buff my boat out when I got back, So for the last 2 years I have tried both and for me the Speed gloss really worked better then the hot sauce, But to be honest neither one got the hard water spots off completely or at least to my standards, Black is your worst case scenario, You could not see anything on the white and Silver metal Flake, So for most non Black boats they probably perform fairly similar, I just think the Speed gloss works better for Black and go's on easier and a better shine!

Really appreciate the feedback! Black truly is the testing ground. With our boat being white/blue, I'm way more concerned about the blue. Coming from a big Searay, I haven't been exposed to either of these. That process was wax twice a year and hope the gel coat damage was minimal. No way were we wiping down that boat after every use. I really like the idea of being able to do a once over to keep it looking good and protected. The only thing I know to take care of real hard water spots is white vinegar, and that's gonna take the wax with it. Looks like it will be speed gloss to check out 1st. Thanks again!

• Like 1

I am like others, I have used both Hot Sauce and Speed Gloss and have ultimately switched to Speed Gloss for the exterior but I still use the Vinyl and Condition Sauce for my interior. The smooth finish of Speed Gloss is what does it for me.

Sort of thread hijacking here. Anyone with experience using vinyl sauce vs the 303 products? We loved the 303 stuff on our cruiser.

I use the 303 as a base a couple of time a season, but I like the way the Vinyl Sauce makes the seats feel and look.

Nothing like having all these chemicals on my seats to leach into everyone!

Just so long as the interior looks good and holds up... I'm happy!!!

• Like 1

Buddy has hot sauce and smells like ladys feminine products (so i have been told) speed gloss smells like candy apple heaven.

But both work well.

Huhwha??!?? Candy Apple heaven? We call it asspple spray cause it smells like a** and apple. I love the stuff and it's my spray of choice BUT that has nothing to do with the smell. Pee..ewe!!!

Huhwha??!?? Candy Apple heaven? We call it asspple spray cause it smells like a** and apple. I love the stuff and it's my spray of choice BUT that has nothing to do with the smell. Pee..ewe!!!

Thank you for posting this. I read the other posts and honestly wondered, "Are they using same Speed Gloss that I am?" That stuff smells nasty.

I also used to think that Hot Sauce smelled bad (vinegar), but I've grown accustomed to it and now that smell is something I very much associate with boating, summer, good times, etc. And it is my spray of choice having used all three of the forum favorites:

• Babe's Boat Bright - smells amazing, doesn't remove water spots. Great spray on wax.
  • Boat Bling Hot Sauce - smells like vinegar which is probably why it removes water spots
  • Boat Candy Speed Gloss - smells like... we'll call it rotten apples and is more of a wax than a spot remover.

The Hot Sauce is the best at removing water sports, imho. The others are good for wipedown when you have no water spots. It's probably an unfair comparison. We should probably remove Hot Sauce from that list. It's really not a "wipe down" spray (we only use it wipe down the rear where spotting occurs the most). Boat Bling has a product called Quickie Sauce that I believe is more comparable to Boat Bright and Speed Gloss. But I haven't tried it.

Well.....i guess i outed myself. A** and apple are my favorite combo smells.

It is funny though how you get used to the smells. My buddy hates the speed gloss smell and i cant stand the hot sauce summers eve smell.