Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Wedge Foil Assembly

GoGreenGoWhite84

I have a 1st gen manual wedge fin only (no arms) with 6 screws. is that what your looking for.

Technically the 1st gen had just 4 bolts. I believe a 3rd can be tapped on each side. If I recall there was an issue with the bolts being slightly too long on the 1st gen which lead to a lot of missing foils.

My Wedge Foil Assembly (part #89-00011) fell off when the screws rusted out. Does anyone have one they would like to sell?

Is it a fixed wedge or floating wedge... If fixed wedge, does it have 2 or 3 screws per arm? If it has 2 screws I have a cad drawing of it to replicate.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2008 lxi with a floating wedge. Is it possible to make it fixed?  Is that recommended or should I leave it floating?

Edited by Drew5555
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be interested in your wedge t a if gogreen isn't. Problem is I'm new to the boating world. I just got an 01 Wakesetter VLX. Don't know if the wedges are universal or what?

On 3/19/2016 at 11:54 PM, Drew5555 said:

I have a 2008 lxi with a floating wedge. Is it possible to make it fixed?  Is that recommended or should I leave it floating?

Leave it floating as the foil is designed to find the correct angle depending on how the boat sits in the water (bow up or down).  Fixing it will just stuff it up.

On 3/19/2016 at 9:54 AM, Drew5555 said:

The floater will rest drive itself down into the stopper bolts which you can adjust (or add more aggressive positions). If you were to run into something submerged you'd likely lose your prop and rudder before hitting the wedge, but with the floater it'll just bounce out of the way. There has been one or two incidents where people have put rather large holes in their transoms with early fixed wedges. The pins on the second fixed wedge I got seem to be designed to sheer to avoid this. If you manually made yours fixed somehow you'd be wise to have a sheer pin of somesort... but really there is no advantage to doing this over leaving it floating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Windy1-

I'm interested in the fin only.  Can you give me a call to discuss price and payment?  My name is 404 376-4334.

Thanks

Mark