Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another what's it worth thread - 2000VLX

hethj7

On January 25, 2016 at 7:38 AM, hethj7 said:

Man, sore subject. I noticed those staples when we first got the boat back and debated how much of a stink to make over it. I'm not going to be able to get them replaced a year after the fact now - I'm wondering if they should have just wrapped that further down the seat back before stapling or if that gap between the top and seat back is a little wide.

You know. I just took my '01 to the vinyl guy today to have a flap sewn on because of something very similar. I'll post a pick when it's done Monday.  A quick fix if I were you. Get some carpet and black hidem and hide those staples with the hidem as the reveal. 

I was thinking that my description wasn't very good.  Here's a quick photo I took to send my vinyl guy when I was explaining my situation.  I used a strip of black carpet I had lying around many years ago and some hidem to give a clean edge between the carpet and the vinyl and hide the staples.  This worked pretty well for a long time and is a really easy and inexpensive fix to the staples showing..  The guy who replaced the vinyl (not me) and did the same thing to the staple location as yours did also used galvanized staples, and they were rusting out.  So since I had the seat out I decided to get the vinyl resewn right.  I'll send a photo tomorrow when I get the seat back.  It should be awesome.

25436864272_c175d49f3a_b.jpg25436864272_e351a050fc_k.jpg

On 3/5/2016 at 7:34 PM, Steve B. said:

Like others said, no less than 20. That is a beauty. Ask 24, maybe even 25, then negotiate. Make the buyer feel like they got a great deal, and I'm sure they will !

Steve B.

Stop driving the price up! ;)

I have mine listed for 25k.  But here's the photos of the seatback after getting adjusted I promised.  It's beautiful.  We got a piece of scrap of some good vinyl that was a close match to the white and then folded both over each other so there's four layers of vinyl stitched together with an extra bit of 1/4" foam underneath.  All that extra padding makes that back reveal look awesome while keeping that plastic frame from biting through easily when people step on it or drop boards on it hard.

25599622345_6ea04478db_b.jpg

24969171204_fa5a04c4d0_b.jpg