Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bakes Online

Clubby

Hi, does anyone know whether Bakesonline is still in business?

I've sent 4-5 emails regarding stock. I'm after some stainless emblems for my tower and dash and just want to know whether they have stock. I sent my forest email 3 weeks ago and copied all addresses on their website & I haven't had a reply.

Can anyone share some info for me?

They must be having issues with their email. Any Malibu dealer should be able to get emblems if they are still available and not a discontinued part. Another source may be eBay. There are new parts on their regularly. You might try connecting with the member here with username SmoothWaterMan. He is a dealer that has helped many people here.

• Like 2

Clubby - My guess is your name is Dean? Your name was has been brought up in a few meetings because our replies were getting blocked by your bigpond.com server. I actually tried reaching out to bigpond (cell phone carrier?) them to try and clear up the issue and we also we tried sending a email to you from our personnel emails to see if they would get thru (those did not bounce back so check your junk email folder)

Do you have a gmail or hotmail address you can use to contact us? I doubt we will be able to get thru to you on your current bigpond email address.

The billet emblem you are after was discontinued by Malibu and their supplier about a year+ ago so that emblem is not available anymore. We have a different Emblem that has the same bolt pattern but looks different. If you don't have another email to use you can PM me here on the crew, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc and we will respond.

Thanks,

Paul

I've had plenty of successful correspondence with Bakes via my bigpond.com email account over several years.

Their service, in my experience, is always top class.

• Like 2

I've had plenty of successful correspondence with Bakes via my bigpond.com email account over several years.

Their service, in my experience, is always top class.

GreenMan,

Can you send me a quick email and I will reply back right away. That way I can figure out if the issue is isolated to the OP or bigpond.com blacklisted our domain name for some reason.

Hope summer is going great down under!

My email is [email protected]

Cheers!!

GreenMan,

Can you send me a quick email and I will reply back right away. That way I can figure out if the issue is isolated to the OP or bigpond.com blacklisted our domain name for some reason.

Hope summer is going great down under!

My email is [email protected]

Cheers!!

Email sent, Paul. Summer is great and the RLXI is delightful as always. :)

Oh oh. I had this message returned:

Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

The server response was: ... temporary failure

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

Could never figure out down under with Big Pond we have either

@bigpond.com.au

@bigpond.net.au

We had some Teltra (name behind Bigpond) on Friday with Mobiles dropping out, may not be related

The billet emblem you are after was discontinued by Malibu and their supplier about a year+ ago so that emblem is not available anymore. We have a different Emblem that has the same bolt pattern but looks different.

Clubby, If Bake's can't set you up you can always blast and powder coat the old emblems. Mine were chipping and corroded and a local powder coat outfit put a new finish on 4 of mine for about US$100.

Email sent, Paul. Summer is great and the RLXI is delightful as always. :)

Oh oh. I had this message returned:

Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

The server response was: ... temporary failure

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

Ya, that is your outgoing server so there is some issue there. It either does not like the bakesmarine domain (which is hosted by Google) or something else is going on.

I'm pretty sure I saw an Instagram pic on the web of Paul and Chee sipping Mai Tai's on a beach and being fed grapes by scantily clad lovelys.

^^^^hahaahah I got a good laugh from that one. Did Chee ever turn up anywhere? he was awesome to work with, until he ghosted!

• Like 1

Thanks All, I will try Paul using another email address.

Received your email and replied back this morning.

Could never figure out down under with Big Pond we have either

@bigpond.com.au

@bigpond.net.au

We had some Teltra (name behind Bigpond) on Friday with Mobiles dropping out, may not be related

This is the error message we get, I ******* out the first part of the email address

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

******@bigpond.net.au

Message will be retried for 1 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain bigpond.net.au by extmail.bpbb.bigpond.com.

[61.9.168.122].

The error that the other server returned was:

452 4.1.0 ... temporary failure

A marine shop that moonlights as email tech support...love it. Bakes has always provided above/beyond service on everything I've that needed assistance with. (now if only they can troubleshoot my new smart phone)

• Like 1

A marine shop that moonlights as email tech support...love it. Bakes has always provided above/beyond service on everything I've that needed assistance with. (now if only they can troubleshoot my new smart phone)

Ha, love it! My brother is a software engineer so a lot of his IT knowledge rubbed off of me. Sure helped a lot when I started taking all the GM EFI training courses. Sure comes in handy now owning a small business and being able to do a lot of work myself for our websites and network.

I could turn your V8 inside out and put it back together or if i am lucky get your Computron back up and running but I am not sure about cell phones. I am on the program of replacing mine every 1-2 years since i am pretty rough on them.

Did someone say Computron?

Hahaha... that thing was way before its time! You would be surprised how many of those we brought back to life!

Most of them you can fix with just a pencil eraser

Hahaha... that thing was way before its time! You would be surprised how many of those we brought back to life!

Most of them you can fix with just a pencil eraser

Yep, clean up the card a bit. I took my display apart and cleaned the individual pins too, and got that working again. Programmed my name in and everything. I need to give it some attention, it started acting funky again last year.

I've had great service from you guys, ordering basic parts, no problems.

• Like 2

Yep, clean up the card a bit. I took my display apart and cleaned the individual pins too, and got that working again. Programmed my name in and everything. I need to give it some attention, it started acting funky again last year.

I've had great service from you guys, ordering basic parts, no problems.

It does not take much to make then act up.

"Treat our customers as we would like to be treated" Is part or our missions statement and the team here is doing a great job executing that! Thank you for your business and support.

I don't mean to threadjack, but I'll have to try the pencil eraser trick when I get the boat out of storage this spring... my Computron was DOA when I bought my '95 Echelon 2 years ago. I traced power to the brain, but nothing past that... I'll have to try the eraser trick on the card. Thanks!